Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Do you care if words are censored

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 5.13%
  • No

32 82.05%
  • It depends on my mood/physical feeling

5 12.82%

The question is whether or not you care if the words such as **slightly graphic//uncensored words** Vomit, Nausea, Diarrhea are censored, Or do you prefer v* n* d* ?
    Life is a wonderful ride.

This is a lousy poll. The question "do you care..." is ambiguous.A person could care because they want the words censored or care because they want them uncensored.

And before anyone asks, yes, I do think of myself as the poll police.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Haha! Poll police. I agree, though. But, I can honestly answer that I don't care if the words are censored, either way.
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

i've put no because i don't care if the words are censored or not, i always think the full word in my head when i see the abbrevaited version anyway.

im not bothered by reading the words. its more that i cant spell diarrhea or nausea lol! so its easier to put d* or n*.

i dont get anxious tho by reading the word vomit. it reminds me of vimto - who on earth would name a drink with a name so close to vomit??!

Quote Originally Posted by ejb199
    i dont get anxious tho by reading the word vomit. it reminds me of vimto - who on earth would name a drink with a name so close to vomit??!
    i never thought of that! mind you vimto is pretty gross, so...

Since it is subjective to why the person would care or not care, it does not matter why, it matters simply if they do or not. I just don't see it as lousy. Just a simple question. (poll police was rather clever)

I for one don't care whether or not they are censored. If it is censored I will picture the word in my head anyway.

Life is so worth living.

i censor for other people and for myself. i censor d* because i cant spell it. lol [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    <3 ~Julia~ <3

It doesn't really bother me. Here's my reasoning. Since I am on this website
    to talk about my emetophobia, I expect to see words such as 'vomit',
    'nausea', and 'diarrhea'. However, the only time these words cause me any
    type of fear is when I randomly hear them throughout the day unexpectedly.
    For example: the teacher is teaching a lesson when I hear, "Oh, I'm going to
    vomit." That instills such a fear in me. Not here, though, so I don't mind. I
    censor for others as well.

I don't care
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

I don't care. I only do it so it doesn't bother anyone else.

No I only censor it for other people, it doesn't bother me at all. I think its creating more fear though by censoring it.
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

It doesn't bother me at all I just do censor words because I don't want to
    make anyone freak out. Also I can't spell diarrhea, so it's easier to put d*.
    That happens sometimes, it's life. It happens, there's nothing you can do to stop it. Life just happens.

When I am having severe anxiety, I like to read discussion boards with other people's stories. The worst thing in the world is to read something graphic... I really appreciate when people warn me before I read their stories!

I just censor because I don't want to offend anybody. Personally, I don't care.
    Sometimes it's nice to have them censored when I'm in a panic though

it bothers me... sorry [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I used to abbreviate the terms until SAGE urged us not to so that we can "face our fears".

I don't really have an opinion on the matter personally.....except that I wish I knew which way we are supposed to go about it......it seems like either way will offend someone.....

I think IES should take an "official stance" on this issue so that we are all on the same page.

Best,

Darrin

[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

it doesn't bother me. I don't censor my words. Only d* cuz I have no idea how to spell it and I'm too lazy to look it up!!

I personally think we should say the full words, but I can discuss it with other mods if you really think we need an "official" stand.

I don't mind the full words. Whether you write v* or vomit, it represents the same thing.

I don't mind seeing the words at all. In fact, I've stopped censoring my posts. I only did it because I thought that it really bothered most people, but it seems as if it does not. For the few people it does upset, I am apologizing in advance if I offend or upset you in any way.

Yeah, I think the "official" stand as of now is do whatever you want. You certainly don't have to type anything you don't want, but we are not going to censor anyone who wants to type out the full words.

Sounds fair harmony girl.

Best,

Darrin

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Unless IES changes their stance, I will continue to censor for those who are bothered by it.

I don't think it's a rule of IES to censor words. I actually remember Sage saying a few months back that it's not required by any means. People who do it do it by choice.

The words themselves don't bother me, but I try to censor in threads I see the main poster censoring in, as to not offend them.Edited by: asianeko

You may find these links helpful!

oh i know that... i meant to say if they come up with an official stance, the stance right now is do what you want.