Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Hi all! Well, something really strange happened last night right before bed. I was here on the computer thinking about a going downstairs for a snack, so I was hurrying to read some stuff online, then I started worry about "what if I wake up sick"? So I started getting hot and tingly, and then sick to my stomach. Like my stomach was "tight". I quickly shut down the computer and went to lay in bed next to hubby. I tried a few different positions, and I started dozing. That scared me even more because I NEVER fall asleep that fast. So I forced myself to stay awake until I "knew" I was ok. I imagined pleasant scenes of a beach, waterfall, etc...finally my stomach felt better, but man I was worried I was going to v!!!!! I woke up today just fine. Was that panic????? Thanks, Charlotte [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Sounds like panic to me - what you describe is exactly how I feel if something makes me panicky. Thinking about calming things and making sure your breathing stays controlled is exactly the right thing to do when this awful feeling hits.

Best wishes, Jill xxx

Yup, you've described how my panic feeling starts to a T! And you did exactly what my therapist taught me to do, think of safe places to calm down, a self relaxation technique.... it really works. My safe place is a beach too! I'm glad you could calm down and stop the panic, good for you!!!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

That sounds like panic to me also. It was good that you were able to calm yourself down. Good for you. Now you know that that works for you IF it happens again. Mel [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

yup -- sounds lke the typical way i used to make myself get so worked up whern i was 11. suddenly, something in my head will go "what if im sick now" and then it just happend. i'd be panicking for the next 3 hours or so.

its horrible, and it makes u feel so out of control, because u cannot understand where the thought came from!

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yes, you had a panic attack. You had the classical symptoms. Panic attacks cannot harm you. It is your body reacting to the unreal fear of danger.