Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have my appointment set up, he said it usually takes about 3 sessions.

I'll let you guys know how it goes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh wow, good luck, please update us. What made you decide hypnotherapy? Have you always wanted to do this but just never felt like you needed to do this until now because i know you've said you felt kinda bad recently. What is this person's title, are they are hypnotherapist? Or are you doing something like EFT, NLP?
    \'Meow!\' for goodness sake! Scratch, scratch, scratch. (Lightly of course)

I really hope it works for you [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I find the whole process so relaxing and always got disappointed when my session ended cos i had to go back to the "real world"

?Edited by: tiki

Had my first session today! I LOVE IT! Already I am less panicky than usual, and I was able to go out to a new restaurant to eat, and not worry about a gentleman rather loudly belching a few tables back. I had an hour long car ride home, in which I had stomach pains, and I immediately dismissed them knowing it was gas, not even worrying about it making me n* like I usually worry!

As for the questions, I'm going to a certified Hypnotherapist in Columbus, Ohio. He's been practicing for nearly 40 years. The guy was very nice, and very helpful. He himself has helped emets before, and he's very confident that I'll be okay. He's pretty laid back, and I feel that he genuinely wants me to get better.

My next session is Thursday, and I'll post about that as well. I'm really really excited about this!

Awesome, super glad it helped!

Oh my gosh, awesome! I'm so happy for you :-) You're recovering and that's what matters right now.

Good luck with the sessions. Keep us posted on your progress. I think I'm going to ask my therapist about hypnotherapy. I have been so anxious lately I'll try anything.

Yay! Really glad it's working for you! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    ** Every time we choose safety, we reinforce fear **

If anybody lives in Ohio and doesn't mind going to Columbus, PM me and I can give you his contact info. He's really good, I can't wait for Thursday's appointment!

I fell asleep quickly last night, and just like he said, when I woke up I wasn't very nervous (I still noticed some things, but they didn't scare me) and I fell back asleep almost immediately.

Even today I noticed things that would normally set me into panic mode (movements in tummy, burps that reside in the chest, etc.). I noticed them, and knew they normally set me into panic, and made note in my mind I was calm, and it was ok!

I'm loving this.

Quote Originally Posted by asianeko
    Even today I noticed things that would normally set me into panic mode (movements in tummy, burps that reside in the chest, etc.). I noticed them, and knew they normally set me into panic, and made note in my mind I was calm, and it was ok!

I'm loving this.
    Oh yes this is good to hear! Rock on!

That's really good news and great update girl! I'm glad you're noticing those changes and have a new different shift in thinking...i think that's what's keeping some of us emets stuck where we are, being stuck in obsessive thoughts - i mean..the mind is so hard to control! Amazing that hypnotherapy is working for you and you're giving many of us hope! I'm looking forward to hearing more stories of how you're noticing the changes in your life. Also looking forward to more fruitful changes that will happen in your 2nd visit! :-)

oh I can't wait for my second visit. I'm so excited, you have no idea. Expect many many many updates

So, last night I was positive I was going to v* as I was trying to fall asleep. My tummy kept swirling and I kept having 'productive' burps. Anyways, I wasn't nervous at all, or panicky. I was just annoyed that I could't fall asleep.

It eventually moved below the belly button so I knew I was safe. I think this is more proof it's wooorking!

wow... thats really awesome to hear that you were able to stay that calm!

im really glad to hear it

^^^^^^Yeah you are certainly making progress. happy

It's deeper than meditation for sure, but yes definitely. You enter the relaxed state just above sleep, and the therapist offers suggestions to your subconscious mind. Your mind is a very VERY powerful thing, and if it is convinced of something, it will do everything in it's power to make it that way.

For example, not being scared of vomit. However, if your subconscious IS terrified of vomit, it will do it's best to make your body aware of the fear, because it feels it is a valid thing to warn your conscious about.

Sorry if this seems spazzy,. I'm typing fast while cleaning my room lol

i mentioned hypnotherapy today to my psychiatrist (main threapist) and she said it might be a good adjunct tool to use along with the CBT... I really hope so... I want to do it!!!

I would check it out Aaron! I also found that my hypnotherapist does sessions over Skype as well, which means everybody on this site if interested can go to him, or they can find somebody on their own as well.

Tiki, I wouldn't say every day, but several times a week for sure. It's very relaxing!

And for the update, I just had my second appointment. It was very similar to my first, with me telling him about what had changed since the first visit, and that night where I was nauseated but not scared. We went ahead and did the hypnosis again, same basics, although this seconds time I was even more relaxed. After this session, I decided I'm eager to see New Moon and KEEP MY EYES AND EARS OPEN THROUGH THE VOMIT SCENES! And I'm totally not even worried about it. I don't think I'm ready for District 9 yet, but I can do a little bit, I'm sure

I really like this therapist. He's helped me a ton already. Though I don't think his style is for everybody, I think those who are open minded and willing can improve greatly with him.

Nice update thanks for dropping the Skype option for everybody here to know about.

Oh, no problem. It's helping me, and I do truely wish every single person on this site will be able to put their emet behind them at some point. Anything I can do to help, I will

I had my last session last night and I slept through the night great My anxiety during the day is fine, and I can now use words like "B* and P*" and not flinch (they used to disgust me to say, but not read.)

I haven't had to deal with anybody BEING sick near me yet, but I'm not nervous when I feel N*, and today at work some of the girls were trying to see how far I've come and talking graphically about how they were ill due to their pregnancy, and the worst it got was "That's pretty nasty..." no anxiety!!!!

I have an MP3 of my therapist's last hypnosis with me, and would be willing to share a condensed snippet of it with anybody who is interesting in seeing him, to see if they may want to try him out.

thats awesome! so do you think his promise to cure you happened? are you done or are you going back for more sessions.

I'm not sure if I'm cured, but I know I can cope with things I couldn't do before. I'm not scared to go out, I eat normal meals, and multiple times a day. I've tried new places to eat with no worry. I have yet to see or hear somebody be ill, so that will be the true test.

I do, however, know that on my way walking out of my apartment this morning, I passed an older gentleman who was coming from the opposite direction. After I passed he was coughing rather hard, and almost sounding like he was going to be ill. Instead of being scared or running, my first thought was "Is he okay? Does he need help?" He stopped coughing before my mind went to considering stopping, but I think that is a huge step for me.

I asked my therapist what to do if I got panicky again, or anxiety ridden. He said to listen to the CD he made for me of the hypnosis, and if that didn't work to give him a call and he can help over the phone. (It is, after all, all audio really.) He said if we need more sessions we can set them up, but he doesn't think I'll need them.Edited by: asianeko

Bonnie; wonderful to hear this is working for you. Thanks for the progress reports.

It's pretty wonderful that your true colors are showing more easily now (concern for fellow human) instead of panic.

That is awesome!
    David

yea... thats really heartening to hear... I hope I can get to a point like that soon!