Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Do you get your flu shot?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 21.43%
  • No

3 21.43%
  • Haven’t before, would like to.

3 21.43%
  • Have before, didn’t help.

1 7.14%
  • Haven’t and don’t want it.

4 28.57%
  • Other?

0 0%

Hey everyone,

I'm just currious about flu shots. I don't know why, just been thinking about it lately. I've heard you can get sick a few days after your flu shot, just as a side affect, so I've always stayed away from it. But...do you guys take a flu shot? Would be interesting to know your veiws...thanks!

Smile! =)
    *Laura

I didn't get one because I can't find one but this is actually the first year that I would get one if I could. I got the flu last year and it was horrible! I had a high fever for days and I was miserable. I am not afraid of needles so that makes the fact that I haven't gotten one seem even more like just pure laziness.

So, if I could find one I would get it.

Also, many people think you can get the flu from the flu shot and that isn't true. A flu vaccine is a killed virus, not a live virus. I am sure you might not feel well after an injection but you won't get the flu from the shot.

CarlyEdited by: luckistar2

Just currious...why don't many people want their flu shot? Don't answer if you don't want...I'm just wondering! Also, if you have had it, what bennifeits did you notice? Thanx...

*Laura

We have a shortage in the United States... and they're reserving most doses for the elderly, and people with already compromised immune systems. I got one last year, and it didn't help. I still got the flu, and it was nasty. I couldn't even function. So, this year, especially since there is a shortage, the dose that I would have gone to get is going to go to someone who REALLY needs it, and that makes me kind of happy. I mean, I don't even know if I will get one ever again... I don't know how worth itit really is. At least for me.
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Due to the shortage in the US, I have been unable to get as flu shot, though I usally do every year. More flu shots are trying to be made in England I believe, but not nearly enough for everyone here. It really sucks.

I'm pregnant and the health department here (Kansas City)said that noone has the shot for a 50 mile radius, with the exception of a handful of doctor's offices who are only giving to already established patients of their office, not the public.

Donna, that's horrible! You've got to take extra precautions! Stay healthy! Take your vitamins.
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've never had a flu shot before and I pray to God I don't get it b/c it is so miserable. I think they are meant more for the elderly and young b/c their immune systems are weaker.

Thanks for answering everyone! When I went to my physchiatrist today, they were giving them out there.