Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

people get v* sick at night anyway? I really don't understand that. I was laying in bed thinking about that. Then I thought, maybe when someone does get sick at night, it's not gastronitis, but food poisoning. Think about it though. People usually have dinner around let's say 6PM in the evening. Food poisoning (or bad food poisoning) usually kicks in 6 to 8 hours after a person has eaten. That's usually when a person is sleeping. My husband always got sick at night too, and I know other people have also. I'm just curious to know why it happens at night most of the time, but we all know that is not always the case. Last night though, I did think about the Norwalk Virus. Do people usually get sick at night also when they have that?I'm just really curious. What do you guys think? Do you have any input? [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hmm, well, yeah- I guess for me I get sick more during the night. Since I have gotten emet... I threw up once during the day when I was five (though I was jetlagged, and probably night time on my internal clock) I go sick again about a year later when I was six, but that was in the day (out in public, in a mall, all over myself >.&lt Then again when I was nine, in the middle of the night, and then the last time when I was ten, in the night.

I'm not sure why people throw up in the night more often. One thing is, it's a bit better if you just wake up, and get sick, because then you don't have to feal nausea, and then that weird heavy feeling before it actually happens.
    -Anna

It would be better to just wake up and get sick b/c nausea is so much worse. To me at least. That's what I'm most afraid of, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by SullyMel
    It would be better to just wake up and get sick b/c nausea is so much worse. To me at least. That's what I'm most afraid of, I guess.

Yep I agree! And therefore I am sometimes afraid going to sleep. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]Lately that is very bad.

I never got sick at night. But I am so afraid of that!

Jenny
    Vergangenheit ist es erst, wenn es nicht mehr weh tut!

It might also be b/c they fight nausea all day and at night time they get tired and give up, then vomit inevitably. All symptoms of everything always get worse at night, I think for the same reason.

thats a good question, i really don;t know. Its only happened to me once when I had the respitory flu ( I was only 5) and threw up once in the day where i was crying and having a fit, then later that night where I barely remember it and wasn't awake enough to care.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh