Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Help

If a person has emetophobia and agoraphobia how do they get help? My daughter is 19 and has not left the yard for over a year. I cannot find any psyciatrists that are willing to come to the house or for that matter to help at all. I'm not sure a counselor would help. Does anyone have any ideas? How can I help her? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
    <TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n" width="100%">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off"></TD></TR>
    <TR UNABLE="&#111;n" hb_tag="1">
    <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

hey there, im sorry to hear about your daughter!
    CBT is the best way to go (cognitive behavioural therapy). this involves helping to change the persons thought patterns and the irrational feelings and thoughts towards things such as phobias. Visit your GP and ask him to refer your daughter to a CBT therapist, there is usually a waiting list of a couple of months, however if u dont wanna wait this long u cud find a private therapist who will practice CBT with your daughter, u'll find one in the phone book under psychiatrists or online!
    Good Luck xxxx
    \'I know it aint easy, but thats okay because we\'re hopeful....\' - Faith Evans

I was like your daughter. When I was 20 I found a bookcalled overcoming panick dissorder. It alone didn't cure me and I am still trying for 100% but it started me on the way. I was able to get out of the apartment (as long as I was driving and it wasn't far) to see a doctor.
    I cannot afford a therapist but from reading, support from my family and this site and my Celexa I have been able to make the big leap. I was able to get out, date, get married and have a baby in the last 5 years.
    It has only been 6 months that I have been able to go out and eat, stay at a mall or be a passenger in the car but I have done it.
    I think if you can get her out to a therapist this can all happen (the getting better) a lot sooner. CBT is awsome and I know a lot of people that it has worked for.
    Welcome to the site.
    Check out the treatment section and see if you can find some more info. I really hope that it all works out for you and your daughter.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.