Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I am suppose to be picking up my new car today, and instead of being excited and happy I am having an attack, at the moment I am almost ok but earlier after inhaling my boss's way too much cologne, I started getting a headache and feeling nausea, after 30 minutes the smell started to go away and I thought I was feeling better but after I ate lunch I started feeling sick again and now I feel like I have to go to the washroom, and its freaking me out.....I don't know if I need some words of advice, encouragement, or I just needed to vent....But I'm all eyes anyways!!!

Thanks for listening to me

Aww, its not fair is it? Im sure ur gonna be just fine. You sound very nervous? And tense? Im hre if u wanna talk anyways, hope ur feelin better.

Sarah xxx
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

Thank you Sarah, I am really nervous because this is my first major purchase, and after almost 2 weeks of looking, finding, problems with credit/bank, locating car, and finally getting car, maybe it's just caught up to me now, but I do believe the cologne from my boss today had something to do with it also and that probably set me off into thinking it is a bug or something.....Feeling a tad bit better now, I am going to go take a nice hot shower, couldn't get into my brand new car dirty, now could I!!!![img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]But I will be back!

Thank you!

Im guessing the combo of stress from a major purchase and the cologn just did you in..i bet after taking anice hot shower you will feel mucho better..it will help you to relax and clear out your sinus'!!!!

now..tell us about the car!!!! I just bought a brihgt red '99 toyota celica gt..its my first car..and i had troubles getting it too...i have NO credit..and my husbands is horrible..we had to go through a secondary lending facility with a HIGH interest rate and it went in my his name..BUT we got the car and i LOVE IT!!!
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

Hi Terified Girl:

I was like that too when I bought my car about two years ago. It's just nerves, and you will be ok. Just think. YOU GOT A BRAND NEW CAR!!!!! Yeah!!! Try to think on the positive side. I'm so happy for you. Just try to relax the best that you can. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Congratulations on the new car. I'm assuming you have it already....how do you like it?! You must be really excited, that could have caused some of the nausea, along with the stress. I hope you're doing ok and I hope you're out cruising!!!

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hey guys! After leaving my house, I was still anxious but when I got to the dealership I guess I got caught up in signing a bunch of papers, seeing my new car, finding scratches, oh yeah it was wonderful to see that even before I took it. But whatever they are going to fix it. Its a Mazda 3 GT.

Can I be honest with everyone???? I don't love it yet, I like it but I'm not excited over it, I feel so guilty and horrible inside, because I only leased it and its mine for 4 years, and my bf can tell that I'm not more than that for the car, so I'm trying to fake my excitment a little, I hope that its only because I don't know everything my car can do, and once I learn it all I will come to love it. That is the best love of all, no, the slow kind!!!!!! LOL

Thank you guys so much for your replies, have a great day!

Sonia

Hi Sonia,

Poor you - getting yourself all worked up about the new car so that you feel ill and then beating yourself up when you collect it because you don't instantly fall in love with it.... please don't worry about this it's all perfectly normal, I can assure you. I'm now on my...wait a minute, let me count....5th car in 10 years and this one now is the first one that I have really felt love and passion for... all the others were just a means to an end, and I was more interested in the fact that I could get around independently. As long as it gives you the independence to get out and about reliably and safely, who cares?

You've got to get used to a new car anyway, like you say, you have to learn what it can do.... I've got a Mazda MX5 and it's adorable, but at first I found it a little quirky, even now it does things that I don't like... but isn't that like any loving relationship??

You'll be fine, I wish you many safe and happy years of motoring with your Mazda [img]smileys/smilies_14.gif[/img]

I'm sure it's just panick.

Hope you're okay now.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]Mazda...zooom zoom zoom..
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)