Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Sage!!!

Hey Sage, its nice to know that someone has had this kind of therapy. I don't think I've ever heard of it before today. Anyway, I would really like to talk to you about it, if you wouldn't mind. Please e-mail me when you get the chance . My e-mail is [email protected]. Thank you!!!

xoxoxo

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

What type of therapy are you talking about?
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

EMDR
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh yea, I once asked him about it..I tried researching it, but my parents prefer I go onto medication =( ..Next time I see my physciatrist I'm going to ask him about EMDR.
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

I have had EMDR and it didn't work for me unfortunately, but then the therapist was a nasty piece of work.

Yes, the "nasty piece of work" is an important factor! EMDR is not magic in and of itself...it requires the same kind of safe, trusting relationship with the therapist that any other kind of therapy entails. Also, I didn't find it to be a "quick fix" or anything - like I'd do EMDR and then all of a sudden I wasn't afraid anymore. But it was very helpful in my overall treatment program because for the first time I was able to panic/feel AS horrified-terrified in the therapist's office as I would have been had someone vomited near me, or said they felt they might. My "problem" had been such a darn good defense system that "imagining" the phobic trigger did nothing for me, cuz I knew it wasn't real and I was safe in that office cuz no one was there who was sick. But THEN EMDR gradually broke that down, and I could experience the fear in the EMDR session...and then work on it. Of course, I was also doing gradual exposure therapy which was the most important part of it.

ALLIE - send me a PM with yourquestionand I'll reply. My email doesn't work anymore, I don't think.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.