Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: "The Grudge"

OK I know this belongs in the film list but I'm computer illiterate and can't even get in it to see if this one is already in there or not LOL so here it goes.

I went to see The Grudge last Friday night w/ a friend and of course looked on screenit.com first and freaked myself out cuz it said "heavy" gore.

For those who can handle gore, go for it! There is NO sick scenes at all! And really the gore wasnt' as bad as I'd expected from reading screenit. Plus even though I was anxious from reading it, it did help cuz I knew when the bloody crap was going to happen and buried my face in my sweater like the mature adult I am.

Anyhow, hope this helps anyone considering seeing it. There's alot of all the sudden jump scenes so if you think it will up the anxiety wait til it comes on video. For me it was better because I had a place to put my adreneline instead of using it up on anxiety lol.

So, now that I've written a book, if anyone else has written on thsi already go ahead and delete this for me and if not and this is a bad place for it could a moderator please move it for me. I really need to learn more about computers lol.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Won't be seeing that one... [img]smileys/smilies_29.gif[/img] I can see drama movies and even some scary movies but when it comes to things like ghosts and spirits and such... NO THANKS! I still refuse to watch "The Sixth Sense"!!! And that MTV show "Fear" where they spend the night at haunted places... umm... used to give me nightmares and make me cry!

I dowant to go see "Saw" but I'll be steering clear of both "The Grudge" and "White Noise"... if you've heard of that one... even creepier!!! I can't even watch the commercials. I feel like a wimp for real because one of my best friends wants me to go see them with him but I just can't... I told him if we went I'd be either hiding my face in his arm or crawling underneath my chair!!!! EEK!!!

~Rachel
    My journal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

I'M GOING TO SEE THAT WITH FRIENDS TODAY!! HEHE!

I'm okay with gore and apparently its really like "The ring" and that is one of my favourite horror movies so i'm looking forward to seeing it. As far as i know, my friends are good with gore so thats okay. Anyway, will give feedback on the movie later!

Best Wishes, Chris
    ISAIAH 41:10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh yeah, "Saw" looks like the most sickest movie ever made lol!

omg, I saw the grudge last night. Most deffentily worth the money. i jumped in the air about 50 times. Its beena long time since a scarey movie made me do that! I loved it!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

IT FRIGHTENED THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS OUT OF ME! Seriously, Ive never gasped or jumped so much in a film at the cinema. The last film i was like that in was "Signs" and i thought that was one of the scariest movies ive seen. Yes it is gory, but Im glad i went because i thought it was rather mild gore. Definitely worth the money - GO SEE IT!

Ooohhhh!!! I'm excited, thanks for posting guys! : )

P.S. SimplyMe, nice to see you on here, it's been a while!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

HAHA u make me laugh simplyme =P

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

Thanks for the welcome back, Jo. I know I've been kinda absent lately. Schools been insane (fun tho) and I wanted to see if I could handle things on my own. Like people at school who love to tell you how sick their kids were (and I ain't talking the cold kind) and of course how many times and that maybe they are coming down w/ it. That was over a week ago and I felt I needed to deal on my own just to see if I could. I do come and look every once ina while and will click on the "new/hot" topics at the side when you first sign on. Hopefully I can be on more soon!

LOL Jenneh I'm glad I was able to make you laugh!

\"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin