Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: discouraged.

I need to find something to do with my time! I was planning in taking some summer courses....BUT i could only get into 2 i wanted. And one is during may and the other during june. I'd be going all the way to Uni for ONE class a day. Now I'm re-thinking. Also..I'm looking for a job, but I'm going away for about 3 weeks in July and I don't know how that will go over.

BAHHH i just needed to rant. Feeling really discouraged and unmotivated.[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Hey Michelle,

I understand what you mean! I hate not havinga lotto do with my time because that gives all my problems more room and more space to breed and grow. I mean, I often find myself worrying more and becoming more anxious when I am at home on vacationthan whenI am at school busy learning or stressing myself out over a paper or something...At least it's some distraction from the obvious, right?

Hmmm...you said you have been applying to jobs? How has that search been going? I don't know much about this whole process seeing as I've never had a job before...[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

Have you considered volunteer work? I used to volunteer at the library, and that took up a lot of my time.

How about any hobbies you have? I love arts and crafts, and I used to take classes at Michael's (do you have them in Canada? I don't remember seeing any). Also, some of the junior colleges here offer non-credit courses. Maybe you can look into those. I took a creative writing class last summer and really enjoyed it. I even met a really good friend there who also suffers from OCD, which was such a coincidence. Anyway, do you play music? Any music classes availiable? Dance maybe? Exercise? Tae Kwon Do? Cooking?

I hope these lame suggestions have helped some and given you more options.... sorry if they really suck..lol. It's all I could think of at the moment...[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Im in a similar boat...I dont know what to do in my spare time..I am married and work full time. WHen Im not at work..im at home..because I dont drive (im working on getting my liscence though..and soon!)...I hate being at home all the time..because i have to much time to think.

I cant really do much right now..because of not driving...and it really really gets to me. My husband is a voulenteer fore fighter and a first responder ( working on becoming an EMT) so he has meetings to go to..and friends to hang out with..and Im stuck at home..i get jealous of him..stupid I know..but I do.

Its touhg isnt it? another part of my problem is i have social anxiety issues..so going new places and metting new people is SO hard for me...

I would work on getting a job..and maybe tkae a class here and there..join a club or soemthing..voulenteering is great..maybe at a library..or hospital (that might be hard for an emet)...a voulenteer fire department would be cool too.

I wil be much better off once I can drive!!!
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

Neha,

Not lame at all! I went out today to apply at a few places. A couple hotels, and also STARBUCKS! WHOO. I'd love to work there. I might not take those courses during spring, so i can work alot, and save up for school in Sept. Also so I can take off those weeks in July when I go to Alberta to visit my Besssst friend!

Thanks for the suggestions!

Yeah, it's good to keep busy. My job has been helping me a lot (except
    for yesterday's panic attack, but it wasn't a usual work day). It's a good
    idea to keep busy, especially doing something you love. So good luck!

--Alli[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    <font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\"><font size=\"2\">Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.</font>
    —Seneca</font>

Thx girls.

&lt;3

Good luck with the jobs, I hope you find something you like. Starbucks would be such a cool place to work!!

I agree with NCsmile6 about the hobbies - I've just started taking up some crafts like beading and cross stitching and is really good - it gives me something to concentrate on, and takes my mind out of worrying about germs and stuff.

Abi xxxx
    \"You are beautiful, no matter what they say \"
    \"Too many Years, fighting back tears, why can\'t the past just die? Try to forgive, teach me to live, give me the strength to try\"

I totally understand what you all are feeling. I am a stay at home mom and yes I am loving it. I use to be a very busy person through highschoool and college but now I spend my time at home and I am missing the outside contacts. I have applied for a P/T evening job where I can get out once my husband gets home. I started cross stitching and I love to paint watercolour. Good luck on finding things to bide the time.

I LOOOVE MICHAELS we have them up here in Canada I just wish the nearest one was closer so I could go more often.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Those are really good hobbies! I think it even helps with anxiety. My therapist told me that knitting and cross-stitch are things that make you use both sides of your brain at once and can decrease anxiety that way. Something to think about!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11