Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I was just wondering if it is possible to go years and years or maybe even forever without vomiting or getting norovirus if u have good hygiene or is it just something that HAS to happen. I always used to think that it was just something that was BOUND to happen like every two years or so no matter what and there is just no way to prevent it. So can u actually prevent yourself from getting it with very good hygiene or is it just something your body NEEDS to get??Edited by: triciamassey
    Make me whole again....

um,does anyone know??
    Make me whole again....

Well, I'm pretty sure that you don't v* on cue. I used to think like that, and
    often still do, but that's incorrect. As for abstaining from v*, I'm pretty sure
    it's quite possible, as there are people on these forums that have gone
    fifteen years and longer without v*. The only way I could see someone
    /never/ v* would be if they had some sort of defect or disorder where they
    /couldn't/ v*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It is possible to never once get noro.

I may have had it once (felt N* but never did V* or D*) but othe than that have lived 33 years without full-blown noro symptoms.

Your body doesn't NEED to get infected by a virus. And many people go for 20 or 30 years without vomiting. If you dislike it or fear it you can go a really long time. I've never heard of anyone living a hundred years without ever vomiting but it's probably possible.

But don't forget that those of us with emetophobia need to focus on never FEARING it, not never doing it. If we can become free of the fear, then we won't obsess over questions such as the one you posed.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.