Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I just started back on birth control pills...and about 5 minutes after I took the first one...I felt extremely nauseated...was so scared I would vomit. I was just wondering...do you think it was really the pill...or just my emet convincing me I felt sick. Kind of scared to keep on taking them...although I do feel better now and really only felt sick for about a half hour. I have to be on the pill...I amin a relationship and DO NOT want to get pregnant...so I hope it's not the pill that made me feel sick. Please...need advice...and reassurance...even if it's false reassurance. LOL
    It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

Hey, I think that if you weren't sick from the pill before, it probably won't make you sick now. It is probably your emet because the side effects of the pill can be nausea. If you really do think its because of the pill, eat something before you take it. All it is is extra horomones. Think of it as if you were pregnant. Don't let your stomach get really empty. It will always feel better if you eat things here and there. But anyway, I think it is most likely your emet, so don't worry too much. Oh, but if it does continue happening and you're really concerned abour pregnancy, there are other kinds of birth control that you can consider. I hope you're doing okay now.

xoxo

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

After 5 minutes I do not think it could be the pill at all. I think it was a mind over matter evnt, that you convinced yourself the pill was going to make you nauseated. Calm down, most women dont experience nausea on the pill. Sometimes the first day I have a little upset stomch, but nothing too major. I deal with it b/c it's better than getting pregnant right now.

Another thing that can make a difference....is it a monophasic of multiphasic birth control bill? I take a monophasic called Yasmin and love it.

Hope you're ok!! Contact me if you have any problemos!!

<3Danielle

Thanks for the comforting words. Yeah, I have been on these same pills before...Triphasil...I guess the Tri means they are multiphasil?...but they usually make me feel a little queasy for the first couple of days...then I am okay. I did take the first one right after eating. I don't usually take any kind of pill without food.
    It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

I've been on birth control for about 5 years now. It has never made me nauseous or sick before. I really helps with your period also, because when I get it, it's very very light and only lasts for like, 2 days. It's great. You just have to remember to take it at the same time every day.
    <font color=MAGENTA>-Rachel</font>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It could have been the pill, because some people do experience nausea, but probably not five minutes after. If it keeps happening though, even when you eat something, the pil could be to strong for you. Maybe your doctor could put you on a weaker on to start you off with.

Kelly