Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: oh great...

Hey there everyone

as u may have noticed (or not!), i havent been around for ages. i guess ive been busy, at work or preoccupied with non emet worries. but god i really need u all now. ive been trying to take my mind off things by readin old posts that i havent read yet.but its not really working.

basically i woke at ten to one with a heartburn feeling. i went straight into a panic and everything went crazy and irrational. i started thinking abt the time - coz that when it once happenned and on a sunday to monday eve. ive stopped panicking now - but my tummy is hurting (think im a bit constipated) but im reallllllyyyyy scared to try incase i just get diarohea. oh god oh god oh god - crap.

i havent panicked like i did for months and months. i hvaent been scard of being sick for months - but all of a sudden - the terror i thought i had forgoten was back. it just reminded me of 'what if i AM sick????'

and i think this is more likely to be that i rally do feel sick coz i hardly ever panic coz i 'think' i feel sick - if u know what i mean....

ohhhh im so scared. and i just wanna sleep coz i have to get up at 6.15 and work till 4. ohhh.

Hey there!!

Im sorry your not feeling good! I know how scary it is espeically when you think its real nausea. I know last week I had real nausea, and if I had thought about it enough, I could have been sick, but I talked myself into that it wasnt that bad, adn that afterwards I would feel better if I did, so I was okay with it, it seems after the initial panic its not so bad.

Hey, Im sorry you're not feeling so well. Did you try any heartburn medications like mylants or anything, they also help indigestion and stomach aches. I suspect all the stress from yuor life and work had cuahgt up with you, stress can be such a horrible thing sometimes. Maybe you're stomach is producing too much acid in response to the stress. What was different when you havent been panicking for so long? Were you less stress, or anything else? Any change can be a signifiant change.

I hope you get though work ok and feel better. Try and relax a little. Good luck!

Danielle

aw, I hope it's going okay right now! I feel for you! I *think* I was sick this halloween... infact, I know I was. I couldn't even take my daughter out trickortreating because when I got up I could feel my stomach drop --anyway, I got through it though! So long as I didn't eat or drink anything, and I kept my knees up high so that my abdomen wasn't stretched out, I could breath my way through the nausia... maybe you can to. That is IF your actually sick though! Which you probably arent

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<center>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

</center>

Hey,
    i made it thro the night! phew. i went back to bed at 2am and my boyfriend jon woke up and comforted me. he was like 'why didnt u wake me..' but i didnt wanna wake him up - he was sleeping so peacfully! i still feel really rough. i have a sore throat, blocked nose - my tummy still hurts too. but i dont feel sick and im pretty sure i wont be.

thx for ur kind words guys.
    ems x