Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Here's just a friendly reminder from someone who has been dealing with the Internet for several years!

These posts about "cheap pills" and other things that resemble brand-name medication but are mis-spelled; are from very evil people.

There are a number of ways they can (and will) harm you.

First and most serious is; if you were to ingest the pills they sell - it could be any drug or industrial chemical from any country in the world. It could do anything from "nothing" to "death" and you have no way of knowing what it is.

Another possibility is they they can take your information, steal money, or steal your identity.

And at the very least - they can post links to web sites that will cause a virus on your computer, which can cause you to lose everything on the computer; or can steal your information.

The best policy is to IGNORE these posts and whatever you do; do NOT click on anything in the post, and NEVER copy and paste anything from the post into your browser.

I know we have people here of all ages and from all Internete experience levels. Just thought I would remind us about how dangerous these things are.

Thanks to our mods; they have been deleting them quickly but there is not always someone online with moderation privalege.

Be safe out there!

Sincerely,
    David

Thanks, David! I have been deleting them as fast as I can!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Thanks! It is pitiful they are attacking here like this.

isn't it like a "bot" automated thing? How does it even work?
    *Sarah*

isn't it like a "bot" automated thing? How does it even work?
    I'm not sure about it being a "bot", but they do have lots of accounts. Plus,
    there is a captcha. A captcha is a distorted image of number and letters used
    to sign up on an account. They cannot be solved by a computer.

I agree with David, though. Why would they be attacking here? I guess that's
    a side effect of awareness of this phobia.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

yes i saw we had some spam posts on here. ive just been ignoring them! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I tend to ignore the spam posts, not just because of the scamming and whatnot, but I still remember when people attacked the site and put up graphic pics.

Eiiighghgh

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

We have tried reporting certain smut and spam, but unfortunately our dear moderators can only do so much. Thank you David for being so caring in regards to our community.

The best bet for all of us is to simply ignore them. No spam sandwiches! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    Life is so worth living.

This other forum I visit has it set up so that new members
    have to have their first post approved by a moderator
    before it shows up. That pretty much takes care of the bot
    problems, though I'm not sure if that sort of
    thing is possible on this board.Edited by: john f.
    'I am a sick man...I am a spiteful man. I am an unattractive man. I think my liver is diseased. Then again, I don't know a thing about my illness; I'm not even sure what hurts.'

bumping to first page
    'I am a sick man...I am a spiteful man. I am an unattractive man. I think my liver is diseased. Then again, I don't know a thing about my illness; I'm not even sure what hurts.'

I'm not sure if it is or not. I think things will be more secure when we move boards. For now I delete them when i see them.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.