Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: How much more?

I don't know how much longer I can continue to read all the things people are going through. It seems like more and more of us are having experiences with vomiting, retching, heaving, whatever. Do non-emets have this amount of problems? I don't feel safe anymore. Thereis just story upon story of people who feel so much worse thanI doand I really get the feeling that the possibility I will vomit becomes more and more realistic as time goes by. I also know that if anything were to happen to me, I would feel so lonely if this crutch was taken away from me. I don't know whether to love this place or to hate it.

I'm just so scared.Edited by: tomvickery
    Hard Normal Daddy

I actually agree with you. And before people get defensive, it isn't anyones fault but I think since I have been active on this site I have become more aware of the possibilities and dangers but it is like a double edge sword. I also know this is a place that I can go to and find people who are like me and there isn't anywhere else out there like that.

Positives and Negatives...true with much of everything.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <font color=Blue>Carly --Check out my site---
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    you are on MySpace let me know and I will add you as my friend</font>

Unfortunatly, that's the sad truth about this place. The more research I do on emetophobia, the more I realize that the people who are getting well (treated)- some fairly quickly - are the ones who either don't come here, or come here briefly for some information, feel supported that they're not alone or freaks, and then leave!

Continually coming on the site and reading posts about all sorts of problems (most of which are fears, even) can increase one's anxiety.

Everyone is different of course. You have to do what's best for you.

Perhaps try staying away for a few weeks or something and see if you get less anxious! Although the friendships are cool, it may not be worth it if it makes your anxiety disorder worse.

All the best to everyone in this decision.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

i think this debate can go on forever and ever.

just remember its such a personal thing, whether u can go on this site and not be affected by it, (lke me), or hav t leave for a while because its making u focus on ur phobia too much.

just look after number 1, you.

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

I personally feel that my phobia/anxiety has become much much worse since visiting this site for the last 6 months or so. I hate to admit that because I don't want to leave. I am not sure what my life will be like without a daily visit to you guys but I really think that I have to admit that this isn't helping me and I probably should leave. This is so hard and I wish this wasn't happening to me.

I think it does depend on the individual. I come on here every day, and the posts about ppl getting sick etc dont bother me cos it happens, i know that, and emets focus on that whereas non-emets dont think about it so much or dwell on it like we do. The bottom line is you have to do what feels right or you. I have no problem with ppl who just come on when they need to post about something, theres no rule to say u have to be on here to answer everyones posts is there? Maybe thats easier for some ppl? I dont know but i just dont want ppl to feel bad ((hugs))

Sarah xxx
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

I agree and also think it does depend on the indivudal. I find that i still have cycles in my fear. Sometimes I think this site is making me worse b/c so many emets are getting sick and im afraid of the possiblity it might happen to me also. But in a way it also is a form of desensitizing myself to my fear. I need the support and I feel i need to give the support too, that's what helps me the most. Because I try to convince myself that i am capable of giving this advice and i need to listen to it when i freel sick and be able to apply it to myself as well.