Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

AGAIN. Ok, this is the 3rd time within the last 4 months that my family has gotten infected with something! It's horrid!

My dad woke at 3 am v*ting, but is fine now. Thank goodness i missed it because I was asleep. But the crappy part comes here: Every time this has happened, it's started with one person, then after they're better I start thinking everythings going to be okay and I can quit washing my hands and start eating... well, that's when one more person comes down with it, and the same thing happens until it reaches everybody in the house except me! It's like pure TORTURE! I honestly feel like this virus is my enemy and somehow has the capacity to hate me and live just to make my life miserable... it's feels like having a threat tossed in my face everyday that somebody gets it. Like I'm being taunted. Ok, I'm probably sounding a bit er... insane right now? I don't care though because if feels good to say it to somebody at least who may understand. My family doesn't... especially my dad who refuses to take up my much suggested hand sanitary measures into his daily life. So he cooks our cookies tonight also! I feel bad because I've been asking him to make cookies but not if he's sick! I'm so hungry that I can feel everything that goes on on my stomach, and i've gotten to the point where I can't tell the difference between hunger, gas, and nausia. It's so confusing :s oh, and I'm using the mouse he just used also! O.O *makes note to wash hands and not touch my face*

I'm also having the urge to go spray bleach on the whole house again, but I don't think we have any bleach. :\

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<center>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

</center>

I know exactly how you feel! I compelted understand and definitely do not think you're insane. Viruses going through the house are rough, and knowing that your dad refuses santitation techiniqes must make it even worse on you.

I can never tell the differenc between gas, hunger and nausa. It is horrible. I;ll tell you though, 9 times out of 10 with me, I eat and I feel better b/c Im hungry. It's a good give away when I havent eaten all day, or in days too. But sometimes I feel like the hunger is a trick and eating will make me feel worse. Just like your whole taunting virus thing. It really sucks.

If you're hungry, eat, otherwise without food your body can start to be more vulnerable to infection b/c ur weak and not nourished.

good luck!

Danielle

you have to eat. i know its easy for me to say but food wont make u ill unless it is off or not cooked properly. - im sure u know that already. one thing that i do to distinguish feeling sick or feeling hungry sick is to think about something u like to eat. if the thought makes me feel worse then i really worry but if i think 'oh that would be good' then i usually try and eat something.

Thanks both of you ... I am off to wash up and eat something. I have to be sure I'm done on the computer though because If I get back on it means I have to rewash my hands lol My hands were so dry they were almost bleeding last time and I don't have lotion. eheh

one day down and 3 days to go! I'm counting!

<center>

</center>

Good luck, but from the way you described it, maybe your dad hadn't digested properly and was sick during the night, that happens alot to ppl who eat too much and then go to bed, and maybe this time thats what he's got.

But keep your hands clean all the same, and get some cream, its going to be a long winter!!!!!!!

Take care, Sonia

lanolin....coat those clean hands [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] so they don't bleed. I'd avoid dads cookies....bleach all handles that people use. Throw a bit of bleach into the dish washer. Make sure you eat because if you don't your immune system will weaken. Vit C!
    I hope it only goes through your dad and not your whole family again! I know how hard it is!

Definately put some lotion on those hands!!! That's a great way for an infection to get in if you leave them cracked and bleeding. Try maybe using the antibacterial LOTIONS for over the winter b/c the skin has a greater tendancy to dry out. Bath an Body works makes good antibacterial lotions, I find the gels are very drying. They all smell pretty too and you wont have to be constant washing your hands, you can use this anytime.