Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: bad day/night

I am very PMS and felt so nauseated all day. I tried to eat a little, but I was so turned off by food. I went to my boyfriends house and watched a movie, but while I was watching he movie my stomach kept spasming and I kept feeling like it was hard to swallow and if I did swallow, stuff felt like it would come up. My hands were so clammy, and i started to feel feverish. MY temp was 98.1 which was above normal for me, but I reminded myself that my temp goes up near my period. I started to feel as if I was salivating and my panic turned into all all out FREAK OUT. I curled into the fetal position and cried. I was so scared of being sick in my boyfriend's bed/room/house. I told him I wanted to go home. I had him follow me back to my house in his car b/c I had to drive mine back and I was so shakey and blurry eyed. Every time I had to swallow I got real nervous and began to swerve. It was so unsafe for me to drive int hat condition but it's not that far all local rodes too. I got tomy house and instantly felt a good deal better. Once I get to my house and see my parents I usualyl feel better. It's like a great deal of anoixety lifted, I know my mom will be here for me, she is a nurse, and if anything happens she will help me and hold my head if I do get sick and understand illness. I told her I felt nauseus and she said "no you're not" which usually help me feel better, when someone tells me i'm not going to be sick and im not nauseus. I went to the bathroom and plucked my eyebrows and hair on my chin/face for 45 minutes. I also popped or attempted to squeeze any blemish on my face. This is the only thing that makes me feel better and relieves my anciety. After those 45 minutes i felt better. Now im almost hungry but I;m afraid to eat anything. I'm so nervous b/c I have a big test, the only test of the class tomorro and I havent finished reading the entire chapter and cant concentrate!! ARGHHHHH.

aw, poor thing. i think you can certainly blame pms and anxiety for this one, because it's obvious you've eaten very little over the past 2 days, maybe you should try something small like an apple, try running yourself a bath or take a shower to ease yourself.
    all the symptoms you described were pure anxiety because you were preparing yourself for something that wasn't going to happen!
    also, your body is already het up with your periods, so your temperature is higher, and you're generally not feeling to peppy.
    you've also proven that by distracting yourself, you can rid of the nasty nausea feelings you seem to be getting.
    as for this test tomorrow, please dn't work yourself up, otherwise your appetite will fall as well as your general mood!
    remember, if you make a mess of it, you wont be the only one, but for now concentrate on feeling better

I hope you feel better. I'm not good at advice but doing what Jazz said is good. About your test.(i'm probably late..) Try torelax [yea i know easier said than done] but maybe ifyou do something that you like beforeor tell yourself to study by modivating yourself with something..like i tell myself "you can do what ever you want just set your mind to studing" or something... Sorry i'm not good at this..! Hope i didnt confuse you!
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

OMG, Danielle, you and I are so much alike. I always pluck hairs to make me feel better and pop zits. My boyfriend makes fun of me... he says that I "pluck my eyebrows three times a day". I like to pop my boyfriend's zits too. He has more blackheads than I do. He doesn't let me very much though.OMG, I know that soundsgross... but its like relieving and relaxing to me.

I'm sorry you had a bad day though. I know how you feel. I hope you are feeling better now. If you're hungry but afraid to eat, eat something bland and salty.

xoxo

Allie

**No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

the plucking and the popping are the only thing that will relax me and stop me from panicking allie. I know, it does sound kinda gross and weird, and I do have some scars on my face and hardly no eyebrows. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I don't really have scars or anything, I have eyebrows... I just have naturally really dark wiry eyebrows. So they grow in really quick, and there are certain times of the day when I can see some hairs more than others etc... its weird. Pimples have always been a thing with me too... I think it runs in my family... but I don't think that my family members get the same theraputic response that I do lol....

xox

Allie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey, I am a plucker too...lol. When I am most anxious, I pick the tiny little hairs off of my belly, chest, arms, etc....I also stand in the bathroom mirror just picking zits and blackheads til I bleed. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] Charlotte

Yup, I do exactly the same thing. MY eyebrows are very thin b/c they dont grow in anymore, mostly ive gotten to the root now and once you get the root the hair wont grow back. [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]I pluck at the hairs on my chin, face, eyebrows, belly, arms (when i dont shave them), legs, toes (oh those hurt though) pubic area sometimes....[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]and I have a very hard time stopping once I get started, it's like I am in a trnace and cant get out. I come out of the bathroom and my face i all read, puffy and bleeding.

But I cant stop b/c it's the only thing i have ever done to ease the anxiety and nausea? Do you guys find this makes you feel better and less anxious too?

That kind of stuff definitely gets my mind off of it. I think maybe it is our own way of self-mutilation or harm? I mean, plucking isn't comfortable and neither is popping any sort of bodily blemish... but we do it because it calms us down. It may be how we deal with emotional and mental pain. Does that make any sense?

xoxoxo

Allie

Distractions are a good thing. They take my mind off my tummy as well. Sometimes, I also try to focus my attention on one particular object, such as a coin. I've also noticed that if i count from like 1-5 over and over again, that helps. I feel everyone's pain. I've been suffering w/ this phobia most of my life. Just when i think its over, and i'm ok, it pops up into my life again. Its amazing what anxiety can do to your body. Keep having positive thoughts. You will survive this. This group helps. KEEP PRAYING!!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]