Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: depressed.....

I know some of you don't like it when personal issues are brought onto the board but I really need to vent and the website where I used to do that mysteriously disappeared.

Life is really screwing with me right now. The emetophobia has tamed down a tiny little bit but now depression is slapping me in the face. My mom and I aren't getting along at all. I'm so happy I'll be able to move out in a year. I'm just lost and confused at the moment. I cry myself to sleep almost every night. I have nobody who will listen to me except for my counselor but at the moment that isn't enough. Sometimes I don't even want to be alive anymore (not suicidal). It hurts so bad when I feel like I'm not wanted--especially by my own mom.

Well I guess I'm done. I hope nobody hates me for writing a personal issue on the board--but you all are ALL I have.
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

i for one am certainly not going to hate you for putting personal issues on the board..... we all do it most the time!!

altho its sad u and ur mum arent getting on, it will make it easier to go next yr. its the same with me, i cannot WAIT to go, am not gnna miss home at all.

u say u hav nobody to listen apart from ur counsellor, well u no where i am on AIM, to listen, ok?

Jen xxxxxx

Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I went thru similar cycles when I was your age. I think it's a struggle for both the parents and the kids. Parents don't know how to adjust to the kid getting more independent, older and simply knowing more about the world. That's my theory anyway. It seemed that once I hit a certain age, my mom and I were like best friends and have been ever since. I just remember alot of tension in those times I was still at home. You're not alone! Come and vent anytime you want to. Just please don't ever feel like your unwanted, because you are so wanted to us! Glad to hear that your emet is improving.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I know EXACTLY what you mean. My mom and I constantly, everyday-fight. My sister and I have never gotten along. I feel like I can never do anything right and it depresses me so much. I feel like my family, along with my phobia both contribute in holding me back so much. My family is not supportive of me in my endeavers and I dont think they are very edifying.

I know family situations can be so rough, especially because its hard to escape them. Unfortunately I personally dont have the funds to move out right now, but I try to stay away my my parents as much as possible. Ive made my college schedule to be mostly night classes when they are home at night and I get home late staying at school and my boyfriends house until they go to bed. Staying away from the situation as much as humanly possible has helped a great deal.

Is there anyone else in your family you can talk to, aunts uncles, grandparents about your situation. I found that helps a lot too.

I know it can get you so down, but you are wanted. Your mother loves you regardless of the fighting, she will always love you. But sometimes kids and parents just dont see eye to eye for a while. You're mom could be under a great deal of stress to. If you need anyone to talk to, I am around on AIM. You are definiately wanted here.

Feel better!!

Danielle