Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Did you throw up in 2009?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 21.31%
  • No

95 77.87%
  • Not sure

1 0.82%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Did we all have a happy old year?
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yes, all the handwashing/sanitising and dettol spraying must've been worth it because 2009 was indeed happily v* free [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

For some reason, it says I can not vote in this poll. Weird! But, I did not!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Oh geeze Doug, you know I hate to answer these polls because of superstition, but in reality, 2009 is done and gone so what I say is actually just a fact and......thankfully the answer is NO!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Yes [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

In august, and then again in december after my paracetamol
    OD.

Wasn't a great year!

Indeeeeeeed. It sucked like tootsie pops man. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    Life is so worth living.

No. I had my 33rd consecutive vomit-free year.

Doug

yes 2009 was vomit free for me
    just worried what 2010 will bring! [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] Edited by: lucy :]

omg i cant believe youve been vomit free for 33 YEARS!?!?!! that gives me hope that i can go a long time too....ugh. i am so freaked out about bleaching things now and i just read that bleach goes bad after you have a container of it sitting for a while, so now i need to buy new. im crazy as all get out. i got a new blackberry for xmas and i am going to ruin it by bleaching it every day i just know it. i go to the ymca and all i can think about now is all the germs on the treadmill and on the doors. i am only this bad when i realize there is such a flare up of norovirus in the community...i was fine 2 weeks ago before this all happened and now im NUTS!!!!!

I would have been v* free however I had pancreatis, inflammed liver, and acute gall bladder disease. Had to have surgery twice... and yes.. I v* about 120 times.

Mochababy, that's really awful. Did all that vomiting make your emet any better?

Doug

2009 was the year I discovered I'm allergic to green tea, and also had a sv. So yes, I did V but the second time made me stronger. Now I know I can live through it (Even though it's miserable) and I just need to get over hearing others do it!

You may find these links helpful!

No. Not since 2005!

I haven't vomited since 1980.
    Elizabeth

October 1987,but worry every day when my time is up..

I can't vote! It says I'm not allowed!

I did, twice, but both times due to alcohol. Somehow it doesn't seem so bad when you're drunk...

I also learnt from that not to mix wine and after eight flavoured vodka based drink.

No, I didn't. The last time was 2000 (or 2003, but I don't know if that counts 'cause it seemed different). Anyway... I keep thinking about if this will be the year that I do it again, but then I have to keep on telling myself that it does not work that way and I could possibly go the rest of my life without v* again.

Now, that we are on the new forum, it let me vote! Nope! Not since 1984!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Surrey, ENGLAND / Huntington Beach CA, USA

No - 24th consecutive free year for me.

Default in 2009 did you

yes on two occasions!

I can't remember the last time I did. I have a question though. How can you NOT v* for over twenty, thirty years?

For me I know it's been over ten.

Barararoom: You just do what you've been doing for 10 years for another 10 years and then another 10. Those of us who have gone a long time are good at keeping it from happening in the rare event we get actual nausea. You can read my Vomiting FAQ for more information. See the link in my signature. Doug

Default Re: Did you throw up in 2009?

Yes, about four times this year due to morning sickness.

No!!! Yay, me!! Yay 2009!!!
    \"This too shall pass\"

a couple of times but only due to too much alcohol which i dont mind weirdly?! maybe because im so drunk at the time!!

The last time I was poorly I was 18 years old and I was horrifically drunk!, previously to that through illness it was in my early teens when I had a migraine and I hope this doesnt change!! *crosses everything*

No, not since 1965. August 17, 1965.

No not at all in 2009!!!

Nope, I celebrated the tenth consecutive year of my streak. However, it was still a pretty bad year.

Yes I caught a sv in February and was COMPLETELY unprepared...it just happened when I sat up, it was not fun! Before that I was going on four years...