Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

~ I was wondering if anyone else freaks out when an animal (say your dog or cat) does you-know-what.

Also, do you ever get envious of animals?
    I mean, like, they do it and then jump around like it's no big deal.
    I wish I were like that.

Tell me what you guys think. ~Edited by: + kozi +
    + \"My musick may seem like ugly , angry, useless noise; but it is what I see in you, and it is precisely what you deserve.\" +

- Rosemary Malign, Noise Artist -

not so much. it's still super gross, and when i'm the one who cleans it up, it's not the greatest thing ever. it's more the smell than anything that gets to me. but seeing it and being around it is in no way as bad as when it's people v*.

actually, i have thought about that. it's like they lick everything and get sick sometimes, but they're animals and don't give a care. it would be nice to be that way, lol.
    You begin saving the world by saving one person at a time; all else is grandiose romanticism or politics.

I don't like it but for different reasons to if a person was sick which would be that I might catch it, with an animal, it's just the fact that it smelly and looks horrible. If someones cat or dog starts making that choky noise though it does set me on edge. Thats's why i love my houserabbit Joe, rabbits can't be sick so i'm always at ease around him!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

lol i do get envious of my cat oscar as he is sick quite often and its just no big deal. he just throws all his food up then wanders off like nothing happened.

i used to be bothered by cat sick but it doesnt bothere me much now. i try not to make it a big deal, coz really, it isnt is it. it depends what mood im in tho!

It doesn't bother me at all. Sure, it's nasty, but that's as far as my reaction goes. I have a little dog, so his spit up* is usually a small little puddle. I'm the one who has to clean it. When I first had to clean it, I threw a fit. Now, it's just a breeze to clean. I just take some bleach, spray, and wipe. Not even his classic walking-around-while-making-an-'awwww'-sound-with-mouth-closed thing bothers me.

* I consider my dog's v* to be 'spit-up' because dogs naturally regurgitate things they cannot digest, such as hair, bones, and other foreign objects. Only occasionally does he actually v*.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I can't deal with it at all... If I know a dog in the car tends to get car-sick, I can get extremely anxious about it :S

My cat, fluffy, who I love dearly and who we've had since she was a kitten got sick yesterday. It really doesn't bother me because my other cats are practically bulemic lol... I don't know why but It's like nothing compared to people getting sick. anyway fluffy had her ears flopped forward and a sad little look on her face and I felt so bad I pet her and she went to sleep. I felt bad cause you know it's not fun, even for kitties

I don't know why but I'm not as anxious when my dogs get sick. This morning my dog v* after getting a hold of my boyfriend's sushi. I didn't see it happen luckily but I turned around and it was there. I just take a whole bunch of paper towels to clean it up so I don't feel it. I immediately put it in a big plastic bag and throw it away.

Now my other yorkie gets car sick and that I really don't like. I panicked when it happened the first time. It's not as bad as if a human were to do it but still it affects me. I made sure I disinfected everything. So now I make sure he hasn't eaten recently before I take him in the car. I know it's a bit cruel but in the end I'm sure it's better for him too if he doesn't feel well.

Cat v* doesn't bother me. It's only humans that bother me. I think it's because animals' v* is more contained.

I'm not terrified of it like I am when humans do it. My boyfriend's cat v*s at least once a week, and I've stepped in it once or twice. Sorry if that's gross. Anyway, it's nasty, and I get a little jolt of adrenaline but I'll clean it up if I absolutely have to. However, if he starts to g*g when he's sitting on me I'll jump up and throw him off. I think that reaction is purely from the gross factor rather than anxiety though.

It's probably because I know I can't catch anything from a cat who v*ed because he ate a little too much.
    Crayon

I didn't think that it bothered me too bad...
    But the other night our pomeranian threw up and I did get scared...
    I think it might have been because my bf's mom like pushed him in the floor while he was doing it...
    I even had this crazy thought, like he ate what we ate...
    (we feed him table scraps)
    Maybe that's why he was sick...
    Now I might be sick!
    How crazy am I?

In general though, I can usually handle it, even when I watch them do it...
    I think it's because I used to make myself watch my cat throw up to kind of desensitize myself...
    And that's whenever I was like 12...
    Lol...
    Cupcake <3 Loafie

I don't like when my cat gets sick, but I can take care of it. Dogs is different..I won't clean it unless I have too and I have to do it fast.

The other day my dog got sick. She had just eaten (and eaten too much) so everything came out looking as it had gone in. That didn't bother me I got down on my hands and knees and helped my mom clean it up. The noise of her retching was bad but that was it. When it happened I jumped away and I didn't see it happen but I saw the result and it wasn't bad.

I also have 2 ferrets who sometimes get sick. I am not afraid of that because it is such a small amount and doesn't look like v*

For all of you who have cats that get sick a lot, I might be able to help with that.

Some cats drink too much water immediately after eating. It makes the catfood swell up and come back up. If you take away their water for about a half hour after they eat, it stops that from happening.

Just FYI.

i used to work at a doggy daycare with an indoor dogpark where there were 30 dogs running around and playing... now imagine this happening 15 minutes after they eat.... the first time it happened i swear it was like a chain reaction... luckilly i was in the dogpark with another girl and she cleaned it. Animals never bothered me as much which i find really strange.... It got to the point where i could actually clean it!!! (sometimes) so i was really proud i was getting used to it... they don't do it like humans do they dont shake or sweat or tense up so it's not as bad to watch. it just makes me really scared for when i wanna have kids. if i can hardly clean up after dogs how the hell am i gonna do it after a human?!?!?!

Default Re: + How Do You Feel About Pets V*? +

I was babysitting a while back and the family's dog v* on the stairs, I told myself that I would clean it up, but in the end I couldn't even force myself to look at it! I felt pretty pathetic, but the kid that I was babysitting just asked me what cleaning products they should use and got on with it

animal v* doesn't bother me too much. yeah, its gross, but not freak-me-out gross. i think i could probably handle cleaning it up, too, because i know that it wouldn't make me s*. i don't think dogs can transmit stuff like that to humans - plus - when animals v* it's usually because they ate something that wasn't food or didn't agree with them.

I don't like it, but I can deal with it now. Used to be I ran the other way, but now I can clean it up no problem. I can't watch while it's actually happening and if I hear them starting up, I try to get them out the door (usually not successfully). My husband dealt with it mostly, but now that it's just me, it's either that or no pets.

Quote Originally Posted by paulinek View Post
    I don't like it but for different reasons to if a person was sick which would be that I might catch it, with an animal, it's just the fact that it smelly and looks horrible. If someones cat or dog starts making that choky noise though it does set me on edge. Thats's why i love my houserabbit Joe, rabbits can't be sick so i'm always at ease around him!
    My 2 favorite animals: Rabbits & Horses - neither one can physically v*

We have 2 cats that overeat and v* regularly. I used to run the other way or cover it with a paper towel until my hubby would clean it up, but after 10 years of it, it doesn't bother me because it's such a small mess. Now when they start to make "the noise" around me, I pick them up and put them on a tile or vinyl floor that I can easily clean up and sanitize after they are done. I hate it when they do it on the rug! We also have a 140-lb dog (he's an Akita) who thankfully gives me about 30-60 seconds of that noise as a warning, so I lead him STRAIGHT outside so he can do it on the deck or in the grass where I can easily hose it away or, if it's raining, let the rain wash it away. When a 140 lb dog gets s* it is nearly as bad as a human, but in away somehow it isn't and I don't panic when he does it. I used to, but not anymore.
    Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear. ~Ambrose Redmoon

Animal v* doesn't bother me so much, I've never cleared up any V* EVER in my life though, if my dog or cat makes wretching noises I scream at them to get out the house :P I wish I were a horse
    I'm guilty of being innocent

It doesnt bother me but I always end of envious because it doesnt seem to phase my dog in the least bit lol

When I was little, I remember my mother saying, "Oh, the cat puked!" I freaked out until I remember her saying, "No, it's not like that...it's not like the regular kind, it's an animal. Go look." I looked at it and I realized - big difference. Was never scared of it again. Although once they went away on vacation and my cat got sick on the rug. They were coming home later that night, so I put a napkin over it and went about my business, ha.

Nope! It rarely bothers me. The only time it bugs me is if it looks like human V, which rarely ever happens. I work with dogs, and have been lots and lots of dog/cat V. Usually it's nothing like a human's

You may find these links helpful!

Well, my cat's v* is usually just solid food, not anything like a person. So I have no problem cleaning that up. Dog's v* is worse, but it still doesn't bother quite as much as a person. It's when they are making the kinds of noises that signal it's going to happen, especially if they are behind me. Then I sometimes flip out a little, because my worst issue is worrying that it's going to get on me without my knowing. But if I don't see them actually doing it, I can compose myself and take care of it, unlike with people's v*.

No I dont mind cause I know I cant catch it. Its annoying to clean up but I have a strong stomach and dont get queasy easily by looking at gross things.. For an animal I consider it the same as cleaning up poop or urine, its just a bit easier to clean up and it doesnt smell as bad.

wish i was a rabbit.......
    how i feel about emet

It doesn't bother me, of course I think its gross, but I can tolerate it.

I used to freak out about my cats v* but now I'm so desensitized to it that it causes no anxiety. My only thought is 'please don't get it on my stuff'. I hate coming home and finding it on my good sweater or bed or computer!

it always used to bother me but then I became a vet tech and my worst fear was if and when a pet came in and was poisoned and we had to induce v*. It wasnt bad, I can handle any type of v* as long as I know its not contagious...

I have two cats, who eat to much then v*. it makes me a little shaky when they do and i have to cover my ears and look away but it's not as bad as it is when people do it.

I just posted this question on the private forums, but saw this thread. So NO dog puke is contagious? I don't worry when my dog just regurgitates or drinks too much water or whatever, as long as he's still peppy right after.

However my dog was puking last night and then again a little bit this morning... hasn't eaten in a day, only a few sips of water and is very lethargic. We have a vet appointment for him in the morning but I am scared since this sickness seems more like a human would have, can I catch it?????? My poor dog, I don't want to be around him and I love him so much.