Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: help please!

Default help please!

Hi All i am new to this site, i have had this problem for as long as i can remember. I am now 38yrs and it seems to be getting worse. My work partner phoned in sick today with this stomach sickness bug, i have made an excuse to come home and i am so frightned that i may have picked up this bug too, i really dont know what to do. he didnt have symptoms yesterday so was wondering if i could catch it before symptoms where present.

Any advice or help would be appreciated

Thanks

I hate that when someone rings in sick with stomach problems - the good news though is that you can't have caught anything off him before he showed symptoms. Just be super careful with your hand hygiene for a week or so after he comes back though in case he brings traces of it in on his hands or belongings. You can't catch it in the air or anything like that though once he's back so don't worry about sitting near him and things.

Also, bear in mind that alot of people use sickness and d* as an excuse for a day off, you know him so you'd know if he would maybe do something like that, but it could be that there's nothing wrong with him at all!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I agree that you'll be okay. You probably have super-duper hygeine practices anyway, being emet. Try to relax and not worry about it too much, though I know that's easier said than done.
    Elizabeth