Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: i need help

Default i need help

hi im beth my boyfriend steve has emetophobia he gets really nervous whenever anyone talks about v* and he sweats and tries to hide. my mom was sick and she v* in the bathroom when i was with him he curled up in the corner of the car and started freaking out and he breathed throw his jacket and i felt so bad i wanted to cry it hurt to see him like that can anyone help he gets panic attacks and has to check the expiration date on every food he touches if it goes bad in like 3 days he wont touch it i really need help i don't no what to do please help

Default Re: i need help

You want to show him that you are there to comfort him, but also be careful to not crowd him, as sometimes when anxiety kicks in, people can feel claustrophobic. Ask him what you can do to help. Sometimes its just standing a foot or two away, and just giving him one hand to hold onto.

Default Re: i need help

oh my goodness i thought i was bad but yes if my husband is sick i will sleep in the car.