Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Red face please answer this..

I ordered some probiotics online from the vitamin shoppe for my one,three and thirteen year old children.I got the Natures Way primadophilus powder form for my one and three year old boys and the junior capsule form for my thirteen year old daughter....My question is...I heard that u should only give probiotics if your children have been sick with digestive problems...Is this true or can they take them every day?? I also wanted to know if anyone knows if theyre safe to take if your breastfeeding..Do they really help???Please give your experiences with them....I wanted to start my kids on them tomorrow but i want to know that they are ABSOLUTLY safe... I spent like fifty dollars on them so i really need to know if i wasted my money.. PLEASE REPLY SOON..
    Make me whole again....

Hey Tricia! I can tell you that I've heard nothing bad about giving children acidophilus or the like. I give my sons, who are 6 and 3, something called Kyodophilus in addition to their regular multivitamin. I also took acidophilus every day when I was in school and never had an sv* that entire time .. I like to attribute the acidophilus to that.

Default wow!

@what the frick-Thats really good to know! So how old were u when u were taking them and didnt catch a sv? Did u mean that u never NEVER caught a sv while in school and taking probiotics? How long did u go without catching one and what about your kids, have they had stomach bugs since they started taking them?
    Make me whole again....

My kids take acidophilus every day during cold and flu season. We all do. I also make homemade yogurt and they eat some for breakfast because of the good bacteria in it.
    Elizabeth