Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Extreme Phobia

Default Extreme Phobia

Hi:

I am new to this site and wanted to share my story. I have lived my whole life with this extreme phobia. I absolutely hate everything that has to do with throwing up and sickness. I have slept in my car on the coldest winter night to escape the noises of puking. It has prevented me from visiting friends when I know they have had the flu in their household. I can't even stay the sight or sound of my children and myself getting the stomach flu. It is absolutely the worst thing that I have experienced and think about on a daily basis. If you can relate or have overcome this phobia, I would love to hear from you.

Signed,

Jitterbug

Hi and welcome! I won't say I have overcome this fear but it has gotten much better over time. I do not have kids but I know that without emet I would. I don't know what changed in my life to help me get better. I wish I did know. I still struggle everyday with it but I am able to live my life.

Default Re: Extreme Phobia

i know exactly how you feel.....atleast you were able to go through a pregnancy...the fear of morning sickness has kept me childless....which is actually ok. i've learned to deal with other people v as long as i know it's not virus related.....like being drunk, etc.....i still don't like being around it .....but don't obssess over it for days like i do when i hear someone i know has the stomach flu.......it sucks......i'm hoping chatting with people on this site will help me too

http://www.emetophobiahelp.blogspot.com

Jitterbug - for now check out my website above for some great info to help you. soon it will all be on this site!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm still wanting to have children even though it will be tough with this phobia. I am pretty good about it if I know its not flu related as well, or atleast where I know I won't get sick from them. I still don't like to be around though.
    Let success be measured by the happiness in your heart.