Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Hello- So glad to have found this site!

Hi,
    So... Im new.

I've had emetophobia since I was very little. Im currently 16. I have panic attacks often.

Until tonight, I didnt know there was a name for this. I just thought I was a freak.

I have been diagnosed with severe depression, anxiety disorder, and OCD. Recently, my fear of being sick has spread. I used to just be afraid of the stomach flu. But now any kind of illness scares me.

This phobia is taking over my life. I honestly dont know what to do anymore.

Help?

Welcome to the forums, I'm glad that you found a place, where you don't feel so alone. Many of us can relate to what you're experiencing

Somehow I suspect that both diagnosis with depression and OCD can actually be emetophobia in disguise... Knowing how depressed we all can get from time to time having to struggle constantly with this phobia - and knowing how we can obsess about cleaning and hygiene, I don't think either of the diagnosises are far fetched - although perhaps not right, because the emetophobia is the true diagnosis and the thing to be healed... I'm betting that if you got rid of your emetophobia (or hypochondria as well perhaps ?) then the depression and OCD-symptoms will also disappear

Anyways - welcome to you... Just go ahead and use us all that you need... I don't think there's anything that we haven't heard before

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.