Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Im Terrified..Please Help

Hi, I was wondering if you could possibly answer a question for me. I too have emetephobia and recently my family came down with the norovirus. It's been 2 weeks since they started feeling better on the 24th of this month, but I am still scared that I will get sick. I've read different things online. Some sites say people are contagious for 2 weeks and one even said 3. Do you think I can feel safe again now? We've disinfected everything but Im scared that I will touch something that we missed and get sick. Weve also washed all infected clothing, but does that work??? Please help..this terror is killing me.

Default Re: Im Terrified..Please Help

I am pretty sure that the only way you can be contagious this far after you are better is actually through your poop. So, just make sure to wash your hands after using the bathroom, and you should be fine!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Thanks for the reply...I do in fact wash my hands when I use the bathroom. I take all necessary precautions. What Im afraid of, though, is someone in my family that was sick not washing or washing well enough and touching something that I will touch and then I get sick. Is that possible you think?

Only the very remotest of possibilities. They would have to have poop on their hands, touch something, you would have to touch it and somehow ingest it! Very unlikely! Just make sure your family washes their hands very well after using the bathroom.
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Thanks again...I'm glad I found this site. It's nice to know that I am not alone completely in my fears.