Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

This might be kinda graphic. So I have this weird cold thing, I've had it for about 2 days now....I was at the dinner table and all of a sudden, I went to clear my throat and kinda gave a cough and I felt a thing of mucus come up. UGH, so I panicked and ran to the sink to spit it out......

but....OH GOD there was blood in it! my parents were laughing at my face I made, but reassured me it was normal. I'd been sniffling, and coughing, having mucus in my nose/throat all day too.

ANyone else have this? I'm sorry, that was really gross, so gross I'm laughing about it now.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

Hey Girl... that's too bad you've got a full blown cold now. About your blood-tinged sputum, I would only be worried if it was like DARK red and if it keeps happening. Other than that, it happens sometimes! Just try and take it easy, okie dokie? Feel better.

xoxo

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

just like *graphic*
    bloody snot, *end graphic*, there can be bloody mucus. Like Alliecat said, as long as it doesnt keep happening, you shouldn't worry. Maybe you could try and drink some water, and just relax.

&lt;3 Anya
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Ugh... I know how you feel on that one [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Just like everyone else has said, the occasional bloody mucous is normal... sometimes during a cold your throat and or nose can be irritated to the point of bleeding and that gets in the mucous. The thing that would make you worry is if you're actually coughing up bright red blood... or if your phlegm as they call it is greenish in color... then it's time to see your doctor to make sure you don't have pneumonia. If it doesn't get better within a week, make yourself an appointment anyways just to be on the safe side *wink* I'm sure you're fine... I've done it LOADS of times! It is a little freaky though.

Hope you feel better!

~Rachel
    My journal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

DONT SWALLOW
    just soak your feet in hot water at night and sleep in socks drink hot tea
    and chicken noodle soup
    just a regular cold.. u have

well everyone just about covered it, it is normal enless it is persistant...*graphic* i had a thing once i was sick for like 3 months and i coughed up greenish-yellow mucus..that was alot of fun..lol sorry i probably should not have shared that[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    ..:.*Natalie*.:..

\"My strength is in my honosty\"~Fiona Apple

I dont think it's anything you should worry about, probably just a little irritation from your cold. I agree if it was dark red and pure blood you would have something to worry about, but green, yellow, clear, slightly blood tinged, is ok. You're just sick with a bad cold unfortunatelu

I hope you feel better!!