Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I'm new ....... and worried!

I never knew that this phobia had a name, until I decided to search it today.

Anyway, I have three children. 8, 10, and 16 ........ and I am currently scared out of my mind because "its" going around, and hitting to close to home. Im even freaked out over a friend of mines 4 year old having it and they live 3 hours away from us!! Ugh!!!! A lady I work with, her daughter had it Fri, and her daughter goes to the same school my children do! yikes! I wasnt freaking out to bad, until my daughter started complaining with her stomach hurting earlier this morning. She said she felt like throw up earlier, but "just a little bit, but not anymore." She is still complaining about her stomach hurting off and on though. She is acting like her normal self, I dont know what to think, I just know I am letting this get to me.

Thankfully, you've found the right place! We all understand exactly what you're going through!!! Hopefully she feels well soon! I think you're very brave to even have children in the first place

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: I'm new ....... and worried!

There's a quote that goes something like.. worrying never helps tomorrow's problems, but makes new problems today.

Well, kids usually catch special viruses that are hard to catch by adults, i heard anyways... but besides that, if your husband lives with you or your older kid could help with your daughter if she does get sick, mabye that wuold be helpful

im new to this whole thing too. i didnt know that there were ppl like me. i apologize if i say stuff on here that isnt mentioned. im right with you tho. i have a 3 and 1 yr old. my brother in law has the sv*(?) and i havent even seen them since christmas, yet i am freaked out and i think im going to get it. just the power of suggestion starts it for me.

i saw on our local news that there is a stomach virus going around.....that's all it took to send me off the deep end......i'm hoping this website will help me learn to live with this.......i have great admiration for any emeto that had the courage to get pregnant

I'm new also. So far I've found this site SO wonderful! It's really helpful to know you aren't alone.
    I have a little boy that's 8 months old. I'm lucky enough to be a stay at home Mom. That means he doesn't have to go to daycare and get exposed to "it" lol
    I know it will happen some day though and I'm dreading it but at the same time optimistically hoping it will help me get over my fear. You know, exposure therapy.
    I figured I made it through pregnancy and labor without v*, but at the same time almost giving in to the fact that I was going to. And I was ok with it. The joy of having a child really does do amazing things to you!

I didn't have children because I was too scared of M/S. Everyone says I would have been a good mum, and it angers me I didnt do something about this awful fear when I was young enough to have children. On the menopause now, so my chance has gone. This 'thing' has dominated my life!

i'm like you angela....had to forego having kids cause of the fear of ms and also kids getting sick as they grow up.......i don't think i could handle it.....i'm lucky to have friends with lots of kids.....so i've had my fill