Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

<DIV style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium n&#111;ne; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: medium n&#111;ne; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium n&#111;ne; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 3pt dotted">
    WARNING: MAY BE GRAPHIC AND MAY DISTURB SOME:</DIV>

Okay, so I just got up from this hellish v***** nightmare. My dad told me that I screamed on two different occasions in the night, and he came upstairs to see what was wrong, butwhen he came to chcek on me, I was asleep.
    <DIV style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium n&#111;ne; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: medium n&#111;ne; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1pt; BORDER-LEFT: medium n&#111;ne; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 3pt dotted">
    I find writing about the dream and talking about it to be therapeutic, so I’ll describe the dream to you guys…again, it may be graphic and may bother some folks.</DIV>

So it was our family friend’s birthday. And we decided to take their family out to pizza at a pizza ordering place. Now here’s what is strange: you can’t sit and eat pizza, at least not here, at places where you can order pizzasuch as Dominos, Papa Johns, etc. But for some reason, in my dream, you could. So we went to this strip mall kind of area, and there were 3 choices of pizza places all right next to each other, kind of surrounding us in a square. For some reason, I got to choose where we ate. The three places were ‘Pizza Hut’, ‘Dominos’, and ‘Peppadinos’ (which there is no such restaurant, however I can distinctly remember the name and the huge sign. Perhaps I meant Pepperoni’s? I don’t know really.) Anyway, my favorite wasn’t there…Papa Johns, and I don’t like Pizza Hut’s pizza very much, so I chose Domino's. We went inside, but nobody else wanted pizza but me. How selfish of me, but I still ordered a personal-sized pizza, and we waited for them to prepare it. (I think we were going to go somewhere else to eat afterward.)While we were waiting, I remember sitting on a bench with the family’s kids. Behind us, a bunch of people came into the pizza place with a supervisor. They must have all been children. I didn’t really pay much attention to them. The next thing I know, someone is v*******. I turn halfway around, and behind me is a child with cancer, who had undergone chemotherapy and lost all his or her hair. (I can’t remember if it was a girl or a boy.) Anyway, this child started v******* red liquid. And it was continu
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eeek i was going 2 have dominos 2nite lolol...sounds horrible...weneva i have a v* dream i always just hear 'im gunna b sick' and thats it then i panic and run

Sorry that happened to you. The worst thing is waking up from a nightmare and feeling like it was real, and have it affect how you feel. It was just a dream remember tho. The probability of something like that ever happening is so slim, and we all know you are not the kind of person who makes a habit of abandoning people in need. We have a phobia that prevents us from helping people, but that doesn't mean our hearts aren't in the right place. I hope you feel better about this, because you really shouldn't feel guilty about something your head made up. Feel better!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Miss Goddess,

I used to fear that having a v***** dream would mean that I was going to be sick in the near future, kind of like a crystal ball type deal going on. But somewhere along the line, I was able to see that v***** dreams didn't have anything to do with actually being sick. Melikasa, our resident dream expert also posted about this, and said pretty much the same thing. It's just so hard sometimes to rationalize that when you wake up in a panic.

Jo,

Thank you for your reassurances!! I really did feel like it was real! I guess that's why I was screaming and that's why it affected me so badly. You are right though, I shouldn't feel guilty about a dream, because I don't have much control over what goes in in there while I'm sleeping, do I? I doubt I have any control over what goes on in there anyway...lol. So thank you for your sweet reply.

On a side note, the STRANGEST, most ironic thing happened today: I saw the guy my mom was talking about in the dream (the one who had the supposed stomach bug)!! I haven't seen him in over 4-6 weeks!! And today, after my dream, I see him!!! Our schedules never crossed this quarter before!!At first I saw him in the computer lab, but could only wave. But then, I was outside talking on the phone, and he crept up behind me and scared the crap out of me!!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]Very weird!!!!

I have a few theories about this dream. The different pizza places probably represent the different choices of majors I have. Some of you know that I am currently thinking of changing my major from mass media to education. So, I am worried that this choice might have a harsh consequence or be the wrong thing for me (hence the poor child being sick). Does that make ANYsense, or does it sound as crazy as it sounds to me? I'm so worried about this change. It is so different from what I first wanted to do entering college. Also, I'm going through course selection which is also a harsh process and the pizza places could also represent the different classes I can take. Other than that, I have no idea why the other factors came in. My college is right next to a hospital...that COULD be a factor, but I'm not so sure. I also waited till the last minute to write an English paper, and have so much to do tonight, so the stress of that could've impacted my dream...

Anyway, thank you guys for reading and responding!!! And thanks for listening to me trying to be profound! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

By the way, I am also feeling better about this dream. It was graphic, and I did reference back to it from time to time today, but thankfully, school kept me so busy and occupied and certainemet friends (SimplyMe &amp; Jenneh) talked and helped distract me! Thanks guys!!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

Stress brings on alot of nightmares, especially if you're facing a big decision, and changing majors is a huge decision! I changed mine about 4 times (which is probably why I was in college for 5 1/2 years!) so I know what you're going through there. That's creepy about seeing that guy you just dreamed about! I probably shouldn't say anything about this, but my husband dreamed about a few people in our family right before they died, not to say that your friend is going to die! And my husband has dreamed about people who haven't died, so it's just a major coincidence, but it goes to show how weird and ridiculous our dreams are! Last night, I dreamed that I was in love with Jerry Seinfeld and we went swimming and played baseball in the snow! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Wow... sorry you had to experience such a terrible dream!!! I know what you mean about the running away from the child and feeling bad for him and asking why you would run away from something like that... but I think many people would. The one thing I worry about going into the field I'm going into is that my main patients will be children with cancers and just very sick children in general.

I worry that I won't be able to do it and that I'll want to run away anytime a little kid feels ill, but to get through the thought (for now) I just tell myself that first these kids are going through SO much more than I can ever imagine, and secondly... they are mostly likely vomitting from chemo or a bug they caught due to such a poor imune system... so I really should get over myself and just be there for them (sounds easy enough... but yeah right... it's going to take some time and much determination on my part I'm sure!)

So don't feel bad about that part of a dream. Oh, and there's a list called "Top 100 ways you know you're a cancer mom" One of them was, "When eating at a restuarant you actually request the table nearest the restroom." Apparently alot of the times the chemo reactionshit fast and unexpectedly.

Anyways, back to your dream, you could be right with your analysis about school and the dream and choices... it sounded like a good guess to me. That's half the battle right there... the realization of what's stressing you out.

~Rachel
    My journal

wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

OH!! im FUFFED off!!

i sent u a nice reply to that email and it appears to have disappeared

well, all i can say, is i WAS thinking of you

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

I have V* nightmares a lot! Probably once every week or so. Some are worse that others.Dreams/nightmares are so strange...because you can be thinking about nothing related when you fall asleep...yet have a v* nightmare. And it seems to be the weirdest people involved. For me, I dream about people I know...friends and family...people I don't necessarily like...and people that I don't know...that just appear in the nightmare.

But, I always feel better after waking from such a nightmare...and realizing that it was just that. And is not real...