Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Today I picked up my daughter at preschool and she was playing with the little boy who sits beside her at the table. Well, his mother came to pick him up and mentioned that her daughter (the boy's sister) was home sick from school and had been sick yesterday too, and that she had just managed to keep toast down before she let to pick up her son. I really am freaking out--you know how it goes, I'm convinced the boy is going to get sick and Logan sits right beside him at snack time, etc. and she will get the germs!! I don't even want to send her to school on Wednesday!!! Am I paranoid????

NO. You're emetophobic. This reaction is totally normal. Keep your daughter healthy, wash her hands, ect. She should be fine. I really wish people would keep things like that to themselves.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

ur not a freak. ur far from it.

but things wil be OK, if ur daugher is sick, IF, a BIG IF, then u'll cross that bridge when you come to it, and will be fine with it.

but as i said, its a BIG IF!

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I agree, calm down and take things one day at a time. Handle issues as they come. The mother could have had some sort of food poisoning from someting her and the daughter ate. Maybe she is very clean also and is taking precaustions so her other child doesnt get sick too.

I hope everything is ok, you're not a freak by the way!!

Thank you!! She is on her way to school right now, my husband took her--I was going to go with her, since it's "Camping Day" and stay to moniter her interaction with the little boy (if he is at school today, and not ILL), but it was too hard to get myself and the 2 kids ready to go after I slept in until 8:00--she has to be at school at 9:00. Thank you for your replies!!

I know how ur feeling, i picked my daughter up form preschool last thurs and saw a kid vomit, then my daughter got ill, but thankfully she didnt vomit, just had bad diarrhoea. Ur reaction is normal, i completely freaked out! Anyway my daughter nevr got sick and she was near the girl who was sick for most of the day!!!

Sarah xxx
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

Well, I went and DID help out at her school yesterday, because one of the moms who had volunteered had to back out for some reason. Everything was going fine until. . . they had a "marshmallow roast" the teacher had created a really cute fake camp fire and gave the kids long straws and real marshmallows to "roast", well, one of the little girls swallowed the marshmallow WHOLE and began choking--it was awful, she was gagging and--this is gross--marshmallow started oozing out of her NOSE!!! They held her over a table, and she was drooling all over it (they served SNACKS off this table, later, incidentally) I ran over and grabbed a trash can (mainly so I wouldn't have to see remnants of this incident all over that table for the rest of the day, and she v'ed the marshmallow up into it--then they handed the can back to ME!!!!! I was dying, trying to figure out a way to hold the trash can, then decide what to do with it--it was the only one in the room we were in, and I didn't really want it sitting in there the whole time, but I knew we would need it for "real" garbage! So i held it on the bottom and put it back where I had found it. I desperately wanted to wash my hands, but there was no sink in the room, and the teacher aide had taken the little girl into the bathroom, so I had to have "dirty" hands the rest of the morning!! BLAHHHHH!!!!

Hey Donna, I think you did great!.Haven't seemarshmallow goo coming out of a kids nose before. How are you feeling now? Give yourself a pat you deserve it!

Rhonda

Thanks, Rhonda!! I just didn't want to look like a weirdo in front of Logan's teacher!! (Especially since Haley is going to have her next year!) Luckily, I didn't have nightmares about it or keep replaying it over and over in my mind!!!

At least you know it was because she choked on it, and not because she was ill. You handled it well!!!

xoxo

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well Donna, I can truly sympathize with your original post. I dropped my daughter off at preschool today only to find out that one of the girls in her classwho hasn't been there because she had surgery on her toe last week is there today and she's had the stomach flu. In fact, the little girl told me she caught it from her brother and was throwing up last night. I couldn't believe it when she said that and then she told me that she just had diareaha when she got to school. Got to love the honesty of a three year old. I pumped her for details and then I clarified with another mom and she told me she actually had the flu a couple of days ago (Wednesday night). But come on, if you still have the diarreha part, your still sick! Apparently the mom had a doctors appointment and her sister was supposed to watch her kids, but when she found outthey had the stomach flu this week, she cancelled on her. I wanted to grab my daughter and leave the school, but she would have been devastated. She loves school. I only hope and pray that she didn't play too much with this girl. I'm sure I'll be onpins and needles until Sunday. I think I am beginning to hate fall worse than winter!

I definitely hate fall more than winter!! Haley caught her first bought of rotavirus on Halloween night 2 yrs. ago, then Logan caught a bug last September--fall is the pits, and when I was younger, it was my favorite time of year!!\
    I just keep telling myself that I only v'ed 5 times during my childhood, so maybe my children will end up having strong stomachs as well. (what makes me nervous is that all of those times happened between the ages of 4-8, which is Logan's age group!!

I wish they would hurry up and fix that rotavirus vaccine that they pulled off the market a few years ago. That bug is just nasty. Luckily, everytime we've had it, it's really been a #2 thing with only an occasional v here and there. My youngest has yet to catch it though. I think she's the one with the strong stomach so I'm hoping that she won't catch whatever funk her friend had. I just can't stand ignorant people who send their kids to school sick. They have no regard for anyone else's health. I actually am looking forward to January and February when it seems like all the cold air finally kills these germs. I can deal with colds and ear infections much better!