Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Need opinions/advice on possible exposure..

Hi Everyone,
    I got the dreaded phone call from my neighbor telling me that since our sons played together yest, she wanted to call me and let me know that she and her son are now "sick." AND that his 2 younger sisters got it first and then her and her son. So of course I called back and asked what they were sick with. YUP.
    SOOOO...here is the situation. This kid came over to see my son and they went to the kid's house to play for a while. I guess they also played outside a little too. Then my son came home in less than an hour because they were going to pick up one of the kid's sibs. The mom said he started not feeling well yesterday afternoon, which is weird because that's when they were together.
    Anyway, what are the chances?? I hate the fact that he was in the house, asked him if he touched anything, and if he washed when he got home.
    I have given my son some echinacea, extra garlic in his rice at dinner, and some plain yogurt with raw honey as part of his snack. It has been about 31 hours since the possible exposure. Also, someone online mentioned that grape juice helps because it makes the acidity not conducive to the virus, or something like that. I will find the link.
    Sorry for the long story but do you think he will be o.k.? He is usually healthy but now I am flipping out. Please reply...

Default Re: Need opinions/advice on possible exposure..

If he wasn't around any actual V* or D* and didn't exhange saliva, I'm sure he'll be fine as those are the big spreadies!

Just an update that it has been over 48 hours now and I am still praying like crazy...what do you all think???

I really great quote about anxiety by thomas jefferson is "How much pain they have cost us, the evils that have never happened." I love it, helped me a lot

I think if its been 48 hours ur in the clear.
    They are only contagious after symptoms start showing.
    I think he will be fine if he isnt sick by now.

Hope that helps.
    Cupcake <3 Loafie