Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy i just really need to vent, it would be awesome if someone could help me through this

i am 15 and i have had emet for almost 3 years now. when i was 12.5 yrs old i had a terrible experience at thanksgiving dinner. right after i ate i went to my room to use my inahler cause my asthma was acting up and I immediately starting puking. i was throwing up for a good 15 minutes and i could not breathe. i was so scared that i was going to die. my mom was holding my hair back and telling me i was going to be alright. i was bawling and screaming that i didnt want to die. i couldnt breathe no matter what i tried to do. when i was 14.5 i was diagnosed with anxiety. i have at least 2 anxiety attacks a day over my fear of puking, (i have chronic stomach aches), and my OCD. My ocd is veryyyy bad. I have trained myself to control my puke and i havent puked since that day. i have puked in my mouth many times but i always swallow it. my doctor told me this is bad because all the acid coming up with my puke needs to come OUT not back IN. i know i need to get over this fear but i just cant. i had EGD surgery done yesterday at the hospital and they stuck a camera down my throat and took biopsies of my chest/stomach lining and esophagus. the air they pumped into my stomach is still there a little bit today and its making me nauseous. i am so scared that i am going to vomit and i really dont know what to do. i only have one other friend that has this phobia, but i have no one else to talk to....
    can someone please help me through this...
    i am so scared...

Default Re: i just really need to vent, it would be awesome if someone could help me through

Hi and welcome. Allthough I have never thrown up in my mouth and swallowed it, I can understand why you are so afraid to vomit. But I think for me swallowing it would totally make me vomit more. Anyway.... you are lucky to have a friend to talk to that also is an emet. I don't hide it from anyone but I don't know anyone else (in real life) that has the same fear as me. I hope you make lots of friends here. This really is a great site to find help.

Default Re: i just really need to vent, it would be awesome if someone could help me through

I also have chronic stomach pain and bits of OCD due to germs and trying to avoid stomach flu viruses. Let me just say You are a very brave girl for getting that procedure done with the camera down the throat. Because let me tell you I am 22 and I've been in and out of the doctors office complaining of stomach pains. Been on and off pills since I was 8 due to the pain. My doctor really suggests to do that procedure on me, but it is an instant NO, because I am just too afraid. Also to give you some confidence that you are going to JUST FINE. My dad actually just had it done, and he had no complaints and no pain whatsoever. You aren't going to get sick. You can relax and be happy its over!
    Let success be measured by the happiness in your heart.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.