Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Exhaustion after Panic?

So, Saturday night into Sunday (2AM - 7AM), I had a 6 hour cluster of panic attacks (each lasting anywhere from 5-15 minutes, without about a 5 to 10 minute break in between when my heart rate would slow to normal and the shaking would stop). I got no sleep that night. The following day, I got a very brief nap. Sunday night, I slept pretty well thanks to benadryl. Monday I was still really really exhausted and that night I slept really well too, but had a really hard time waking up yesterday morning. Yesterday, I was so tired I laid down on the couch and just couldn't keep my eyes open. Thankfully my 3 year old stayed out of trouble on her own! Last night, I had a REALLY hard time sleeping despite feeling completely run down, but didn't want to take benadryl to help. Now today, I'm still very exhausted, and all I can think about is, "will my 3 year old let me take a nap?"

This is the worst cluster of panic attacks I have EVER had. I'm on cymbalta for depression/anxiety which can cause fatigue, but I've been on it for over a year, so the fatigue shouldn't be from that. I also don't think I could be pregnant based on what part of my cycle I'm in and the last time hubby and I were together (sorry if TMI). I don't have any other symptoms that would suggest any type of illness, I'm just so sleepy.

Can a long cluster of panic attacks like that cause exhaustion DAYS later?

I HAVE to get a good night sleep tonight because tomorrow I'm babysitting my best friend's daughters before school because she is having surgery and they are going to be here at 6AM, and I need to have energy to keep up with a 6 year old (mine), 5 year old (hers), 3 year old (mine), and 2 year old (hers) until 9:00 when the kids go to school. Then I have a doctor appointment to talk about my panic attacks and get a referral to a therapist, my 3 year old home at noon, and tomorrow night I have rehearsal for my church's praise team, so it's a long day already!

Thanks!
    Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear. ~Ambrose Redmoon

Default Re: Exhaustion after Panic?

i have had days like that where i get one panic attack after another....and most of the time for no reason!

here is a trick that my Dr taught me and it works.

When you feel one coming on, take a deep breath, and hold it for 15 seconds then slowly blow it out....it really makes a difference with mine now!
    I would get worn out as well! I hope you are better!