so...this time last year i would have been sat at this computer wrapped in my duvet, hyperventalating, crying, burping trying to releive the n*, basically having a full blown panic attck...i was like this for months on end.

I was simply that scared. I couldnt see that there would be a way out of this and i was quite frankly, suicidal.

You guys on here were amazing and i came here as a sanctury away from reality.

I overcame this gradually...very gradually. I started to do things that i enjoyed like taking up dance lessons and eventually got a job over summer. I broke up with my boyfriend, in which i had a disasterously bad relationship with. I realised that i was using my emet as a sheild from all the things that were wrong with my life, but was too afraid to say no to.

while i was taking control of my life in other ways, the emet seemed to melt away anyway. For example, i started washing my hands less and simply thinking, "ah well, there isnt many germs around my kitchen anyway so i will just eat this now without washing my hands"...

now that would sound crazy to me a year ago but gradually, life became more important than worrying.

since then things have simply got better and better, I am now with an amazing guy who i dont even need to tell him about this as it doesnt even cross my mind anymore.

We go for meals, I have steak medium rare, I eat mussels and oysters and drink alcohol sometimes until i fall over...i know that is very bad :/......and all these things were possible because i simply chose to not panic about anything anymore...i had had enough!...

and you will get over this, it is possible and it will happen. Choose to live

Thank you for reading this and i hope you all found it helpful that someone can live without any emet thoughts. x x x x