Sorry to rag on you glitter! But we do sort of pride ourselves here in the accuracy of information - that way people can be more reassured than made anxious.

First of all, emetophobia can come from a number of causes - specific trauma is only one of them. Since vomiting is a normal, everyday thing in the life of a child AND it's a bit frightening to all children, it depends what else is going on in your house, in your family, etc. as to why the child's anxiety will be unnaturally elevated in regards to vomiting. Everyone is different. Some kids have terribly "traumatic" incidents with vomiting such as nearly dying or being barfed on or abused while sick, yet they do not acquire a phobia of it. This is very important. There is no single cause of phobia. A number of factors, some of which may even be genetic or at the very least have family links may play a part in it.

Although I'm more the psychology expert than the virus expert, (where's Soluene when we need her) I'm pretty sure that Norwalk while not "airborne" can be transmitted by touching the spittle of an infected person, and it can live a while longer than other viruses on surfaces. So cleanliness is key with avoiding Norwalk. But I don't think you can get it by just breathing the same air as someone who has it.

Thanks for the opportunity to clarify these things again! lol!