The last time I had stomach flu was in November 2002 when my immune system was very low due to complications with my thyroid gland. I felt very sick one night but the rest of the week just couldn't eat and then had diahorrea.

The time before that was July 1994 when I was sick 3 times and have been emetophobic since. Touch wood it's the only time in my nearly 20 years of being alive that I've had a stomach bug which has made me actually sick.

In June 1996 I went on a school camp to Francewith about 60 other children. EVERY one of them apart from me got a very contagious v* bug which spread like wildfire throughout the Youth Hostel. I was terrified. I was homesick and my best friend was the first to be sick...she slept on the bunk above me and was sick all night...I heard her crying but didn't realise till the morning that she'd been sick everywhere! I spent the next 5 days living in fear because everyone else was sick. The people who were originally ill got better quickly - just a violent 24hr thing, but oh it was the worst week ever.

To this day I don't know why I never caught it. It still puzzles me and I'm glad I didn't! I just remember praying all the time not to get it, and not eating for a week, and refusing to go to the toilet unless we were outside the youth hostel.