Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Ginger candy brands?

I know there are scattered suggestions and references to ginger candies or gum on all different threads here. I have never tried them and have only seen the gum in Harmon's Beauty Supply Store. I have made ginger tea (cut from the root and all that), but I wasn't feeling ill, I had just wanted to try it because I heard it was good at warding off the flu.

Does anyone have any particular brands of ginger candy that they like and that has worked for them? Is the candy better than the gum? Also, where can I get it? I am already beginning to worry about my future plane trip and God forbid there is severe turbulence that shakes up even the strongest of stomachs. I am not prone to motion sickness, but like many of you, anxiety can play games with your mind. I just want to be prepared.

P.S. I take Klonopin for anxiety so I don't think I can exactly dope up on anything else (Dramamine, etc.). I gave Dramamine a practice run before bed before my flight last year and ended up feeling anxious and having those weird delusional dreams. Very unpleasant, so I decided to just take Klonopin. A pharmacist also told me it has some anti-emet properties anyway.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by alexikiss; 01-28-2010 at 08:12 AM.

Default Re: Ginger candy brands?

I don't know if you can get it in America but i like Buderim crystallised ginger pieces, they're like little lumps of it coated in sugar and really tasty (if you like ginger lol) i think it's australian but you can buy it in the Lakeland shops/catalogue in the UK so maybe they do sell worldwide? #

You can buy ginger teabags and peppermint as well and they would be fine for taking on a plane as you could could just ask the air hostess for a cup of hot water.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've never seen ginger candy or gum. I'm interested in trying it. My only relief is pepermint gum, or any kind of strong mint gum. I chew it all the time, but I really found that it really helps me out.
    Let success be measured by the happiness in your heart.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks for the imput so far...

Pinkbutterfly, I'm pretty sure this is the gum I had seen:

http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-4543-s...e=google_base&

It was next to the other Seaband products and wrist bands, but I was wondering if it was good or if it worked. The ginger pieces sound good. I don't mind the taste of ginger, although it was not what I was expecting the first time I tried ginger root tea. Ginger ale really doesn't prepare you for it, as that's not even real deal ginger.