I literally just learned the name emetophobia today but I've been living with it since I was six. I don't know what brought it on, but it kept me out of school for a year when I was young and it got so bad I refused to eat or leave the house for over a year. I went to therapy for awhile, and it helped for the time, but not too long. I learned to hide it better as I got older, but I still panic for hours everyday at school and feel sick almost the entire time I'm there. It's gotten worse as of late, but I haven't told anyone. The people close to me consider me fine, and I prefer to keep it that way. The reason I even researched this at all is because lately I feel like all I am doing is panicking, then reassuring myself, then panicking again. I used to be active, but now I've stopped because I feel like exercise makes me sick. I don't really leave the house often, and when I do I kind of have to disconnect in order not to panic. If some one even coughs funny I get a shot of adrenaline and my arms and legs tingle. It hasn't been this bad since I was very young. I'm sorry this was so long, I'm just trying to get everything out for once instead of hiding. I would really appreciate any help at all because I'm kind of desperate here.