Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: bug - oh god :(

Hybrid View

hey guys i know u cant help me with this but i just felt like i needed to be here an de stress to you all anyway but there is a vomit bug goin round my area and my hairdresser has it and shes coming over later!!! im scared what if she gives me it :'(
    \'I know it aint easy, but thats okay because we\'re hopeful....\' - Faith Evans

My first question would be, why in the world is your hairdresser going
    anywhere when she has a stomach bug??? You could politely ask her
    to stay home and come over when she’s feeling better. Otherwise,
    just make sure you keep your distance from her while she’s over, don't
    touch your face while she's there and wash your hands as soon as she
    leaves. Take a multivitamin and go to bed early for a couple
    nights to get your immune system kicking. I just survived this
    bug when every other member of my family came down with it. If I
    can, so can you!

Can't you cancel the appt. and make it for when she is over this? If not, I am with Darvis on this one. Make sure you wash your hands! It is kind of hard to tell her not to get close when she is cutting your hair bending over to cut your hair especially the bangs if you have them. If you feel comfortable enough for her to come while she is sick maybe that is a good thing for you, you know the mind over matter. I know me and I would cancel, if she came over and didn't say anything over the phone about being sick and then mentions it while in my home I would freak out. Do what makes you feel comfortable.

ok guys - i know we are really scared about catching bugs - this time of the year or anytime for that matter. but lets think rationally here. YES we might catch a bug. we can try and prevent ourselves from catching a bug but at the end of the day bar from putting ourselves in quarantine, we are susceptible everyday. no amount of 'wood touching' or OCD traits (once my problem) will stop our bodies from catching something. chances are tho that if your healthy and are eating well, you wont catch a bug. Its all relative really.

If I were you Faith-Marilyn, id call her up and say, look - how ill are you coz i have XYZ thats really important and i dont wanna risk getting ill. thats perfectly reasonable and surely u can make the apt for another time. ive found that people exaggerate alot too abt bugs - if shes really v*ing then surely shed be too ill to work. she prob just feels run down and thinks 'oh it must be 'that' bug thats going round!

keep healthy guys
    x

thanx guys, well shes here now, ive left her with my mum and i am avoiding her like the plague, shes doin my mums hair and i told me mum id changed my mind about gettin mine cut so shes not doin mine now! Im goin out with my mum later on i just hope i dont catch it off her!
    thanx again xxxx
    \'I know it aint easy, but thats okay because we\'re hopeful....\' - Faith Evans