Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Tight Throat?

Default Tight Throat?

Has anyone ever gotten a tight throat due to the anxiety from emetophobia. For me this is the worst part of my anxiety because it is extremely hard to sooth the muscles in my throat. But if it goes for a long time it feels like I'm going to gag and it gives me headaches and that of course makes me fear that I am going to v*, so I was wondering if anyone gets this?

Default Re: Tight Throat?

yes, this is very common for people with anxiety to expierence. i know i do and the only real way to get rid of it is get rid of the anxiety that i know of, and that isn't always easy
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

Yes i have suffered from this too, and it's horrible because it can give a very similar sensation to n* which then sets off a panic. I agree with icicledreamz you need to get rid of the overall anxiety in order for the throat to relax too. I've heard things like yoga and meditation are brilliant for anxiety - i keep meaning to try them i've even got the dvd's and a yoga thing for the Wii at home but not done them yet..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

yes all the time usualy every time I am n*. It is the worst kind of n* for me because I feel like I cant talk because my throat is so tight

Yes, I used to get this really bad about 10 years ago. I had forgotten all about it. It was before I realized I had anxiety disorder and it would just come over me when I was really nervous or upset about something. It was weird because I would feel like I was going to gag, but I wasn't nauseous. It's nothing that anti-anxiety medication/tranquilizer wouldn't help.