Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey Guys!!

I just came back from the doctors and I got a prescription for the pill partially for contraception and for regulating my periods. I told my doctor that I have a phobia of V***ting and she was like well it might make you feel a bit nauseous and I cant PROMISE you that you will not v**** but it is highly inlikely. So then I went home and looked up information on this particular pill and found nausea and v**** are listed as possible side effects! Please help! Is anyone on the pill and we you nauseau or sick? I don't know if I want to take it and I know my bf won't push me into anything I don't want to do but I still feel badly.....emet is ruining my life!

And suggestions, help, advice or personal experiences would be GREATLY appreciated!!! The name of the pill I was prescribed is Microgynon 30

Thank, Kats xxx

Yes, birth control pills can cause nausea...and I supposed vomiting is possible...but very unlikely. I have gone on and off bc pills a few times in my life and the worst I felt was a little queasy...which goes away after the first few weeks. I am sure you will be fine. I seriously doubt that you will feel very sick and I am almost 100 percent sure you will not vomit.
    It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

I got sick from taking the pill. A short while after my first dose, I felt like getting sick. I don't use the pill.
    <font color=RED><font size=\"4\"> FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL----fear</font>

I told my doctor about my fear and she perscribed levlite which is the
    'lightest' bc pill out there. I had no problems with it, but the one
    thing is that I used to get it mail order and once they sent me
    tri-levlin (very strong) on accident and i took it and i felt VERY sick
    the next morning but did not V. it went away after laying down for a
    few hours.

I took Microgynon for years until very recently and I've never felt sick from it. I didn't get any other side effects either... I may have had the odd bout of n* but couldn't say if it was related to the pill or not.The n* I've been feeling the past few months from normal periods has been far worse than anything I might have felt from that pill.

Mine didn't cause too much nausea, and I think it was just me mostl creating something to worry about...If you do get any side effects it's different for everyone.

You might experience some, you might not, best is to try out the pills and see if they agree with you, if not get your doctor to give you a different kind.

.I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

Hi

I have been on microgynon 30 for 2 years and have never had a problem with it. I was scared too of taking it at first, but my emet wasnt as bad back then so i didnt think about it too much.

If you do take it and feel nauseous a little while after, it could just be anxiety. I know sometimes if im worried something will make me feel nauseous i will end up making myself feel that way through pure worrying.

Try to remember as well that side effects on a medicine are just anything a person may have felt afterwards during a trial for a drug (so i believe anyway) and if a person during a trial was nauseous afterwards it would ahve been recorded as a side effect, but may not have been caused by the drug, but as there was no way of knowing it was listed as a side effect. hopw that makes sense.

Anyway, if you do decide to take it, just relax, and if it does make you feel unwell, dont take it anymore.

Hope this helps, Nicki x

the way someone else reacts to the pill has NO connection to how you will react. everyone reacts to hormones differently. There really is no way to predict how you will.

I, myself, have been on about 5 different brands of pills ( all with different levels of hormones) and never felt even slightly nauseous from it.

right now I am on a high dose pill, and am fine, usually the higher dose (hormonally) pills increase the chance you will feel sick. It might help to geta low pill dose, such as aleese, or otho tri cyclin lo..

Don't be scared. They have to list side effects if even 1% of the popluation gets that symptom.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I agree with Babydoll, you'll never know how you'll react, so rather than rely on others' reactions, all you can do is try! I have been on birth control for 5 years and never had the slightest problem. Just, when you take your first pill, try to be optimistic and give yourself the nite to stay home in your comfort zone doing things that relax you and you won't have to be embarrased about freaking out in public. It is HIGHLY UNLIKELY that they'll make you feel ill. Let us know how it goes.

thinking of you[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Thank you all for your replies!!! I am feeling much better about it and will try it when my period comes! Will let you know how it goes!!!

Kats xxx

Most medications list nausea and vomiting as side effects, if even ONE person has, they list it because they have to. Even one of my anti emetics list nausea and vomiting as a side effect...duhhh

I take lo-estrin and I felt sick the first day because I took it in the morning and skipped breakfast (I used to never eat breakfast). Now I have a piece of toast or half a bagel or something small in the morning with it and my other meds, and this helps a lot!

Good luck with it, personally I LOVE the pill. Mine cleared up most of the acne I had, stopped the cramps, and I only get my period for one or twodays a month, and it's very light at that, it so beats the heavy stuff and horrible cramps I got before. I started taking it because I have polycystic ovarian syndrome.

I've been on the pill for about 5 years now, and I've never experienced nausea from it. It really is good for your periods, because you only get your period for like 2 or 3 days in a month, and it's very very light. I think it's great, because I used to have very heavy periods and cramps, but now, I have none. It does help a little with the acne also. I think you should try it for a month and see how you react to it, I think you'll be fine.
    <font color=MAGENTA>-Rachel</font>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Arghhh I am driving myself crazy because I read something and think ok I will take the pill and then I talk with someone who says they felt nauseous and I am mall freaked out!! But most of you said it was alright...but now I am scared that since I am anxious I might actually make myself nauseous and it will have nothing to do with the pill!!!! I guess I should try it.....any suggestions on how I could possibly decrease the chances like eating with it or something?

hm...i really wouldn't worry about it hon...i NEVER had a problem with it and it was the first medication i ever took..like my body wasn't used to any regular meds at all and it still didn't bother me...

if anything, it helped out my emet, b/c i wouldn't have cramps that made me scared i was going to v.

i promise you mroe than likely have NOTHING to worry about. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

to decrease the chances of gettig nauseous just remember to take it everyday and on time. I have heard of people who experience nausea if they miss a pill or two.....i promise i'm not worried for ya at all

take care!
    DO IT TREMBLING IF YOU MUST,
    BUT DO IT!! -unknown

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. -dr wayne dyer

I honestly never had a problem with mine when I first took them, and supposedly Alesse is the mildest on the stomach if that helps any, but when I took my very first one, I took a gravol with it, and I took it at night so I wouldn't feel anything, I still do because I had to follow from the first time....

Maybe that'll help some!

i started on Alesse as well so since that's a common factor, and neither of us got nauseous maybe you could request that? I'm sure it's not necessary but if it will ease your mind
    DO IT TREMBLING IF YOU MUST,
    BUT DO IT!! -unknown

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. -dr wayne dyer

I was on Ortho Tri-Cylcen when I first went on the pill two years ago and didn't have a problem with it, sickness wise, I just didn't have a sex drive after a few months. So I switched to Yasmin this past March and didn't have a problem with it either. I think you will be all right. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I take Yasmin and have had no problems! Yay for no more cramps!!

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Like I said, don't take it on an empty stomach, eat something small like a piece of toast, you'll be okay!

I agree-my nurse told me not to take the pill on an empty stomach, she also said that if you find taking it at a certain time of day makes you feel sick, then try taking it at a different time--using a back up b/c method, that is.

Thanks guys for all the reassurance! I think I will go for it as soon as my period arrives....which being that it is already 2 weeks late....who knows when! Will keep you guys informed!

Kats xxx

You'll never know until you try it hon! I was on BCP for almost 15 years I had one that was too high of a dose once and I had bad headaches and a little nausea from it, but then my doc lowered my dose and I never felt woozy or got headaches from the pill again. Sometimes it is the hormone level in the pill that will give you that woozy reaction. If you get woozy from the pill try not taking it on an empty stomache first(found this helped me to take it with a glass of juice at least)and then if that doesn't work, talk to your doctor about lowering the hormone dose. One thing too though you might feel nauseaous from it because mentally you've already put yourself in the mindset that you "might" get nauseaous from it kwim? Let us know how it goes...

Hey Everyone!

Thanks for your encouraging words! I took my first pill yesterday and my second today and apart from a little headache it went fine!!! My boyfriend and I celebrated! Anyways, hopefully it will continue like this and then I will be able to advise people in the future!

Kats xxx

I have been on the pill for 2 years....I was very scared at first, but every medication will list nausea and vomiting as possible side effects. I have never vomited from it. Sometimes, after the week without taking the active pill and just taking th placebos, I do feel a little sick, but its not bad at all. Good luck!