Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Holidays

Hybrid View

I am curious to know how many of you dread the Holidays
    because it is "that time of year" when illness runs rampid? Ever
    since my son and husband had the tummy troubles one
    November I am not as happy or not anticipating the cooler
    weather and holidays as I used to? Now I can only think it is
    high flu season. Please don't catch anything- and if you do can
    I handle it and If I get it that would be the end. Just curious.

I am absolutely TERRIFIED of Thanksgiving.... I am now 21 and the last
    time "IT" happened was 11 years ago on Thanksgiving. Hahah all my
    friends think I'm nuts, but that day still makes me nervous to this day!

I know how you feel. I won't make fried chicken because that is
    what I made for dinner the night my son and husband were
    sick. My husband asks but I find ways to avoid it. It sucks, he
    really loves it but I worry. Even though my husband didn't even
    eat dinner that night. He came from work and was already ill. I
    know the chicken had nothing to do with it. :- )

I know how you feel, I absolutely love tacos, but i wont eat them with my dad because that was one of the times he got sick, even though it was just the side effects of a new liver med he started.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I really dread the holidays and have other reasons, buta big one is that I'm so afraid someone will get sick. I'm a nervous wreck the entire time we're visiting or if everyone's at my house. I hate it because I know I'm missing out on so much, esp. since my bday is Christmas Eve. I just dread it each year.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I fear my kids getting sick during the holidays, and ruining it for me. I have even thought about keeping the kids home the whole week of Thanksgiving, just so their chances of being sick, are small. I know I won't do it, but it is tempting. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] Charlotte

I dread the holidays as well, Logan was sick v'ing on her first Christmas (4 yrs ago) and I still pray for them to not get sick on Christmas. WHen I was little, I got sick the day after Christmas, I was visiting my grandparents and I got up that morning and told my grandma that my throat felt weird and for some reason she thought to ask me if I was going to v**--I didn't feel sick, so I said no and then proceeded to puke all over her carpet!! It turned out I had strep throat, but still, holidays make me nervous!!!

i am the exact same way! it seems like EVERYONE is getting some sort of
    tummy trouble so I spend every wakign day worrying my butt off about
    when or if I'm going to be sick. I've never really been sick over the
    holidays, however last Thanksgiving I was the nearest to being sick
    than I have been EVER...and I ended up not eating for several
    days...which caused more trouble for myself. Don't worry! We'll all get
    through the next few months together[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    *.* you say there is no perfect place, i say i know this is true..im just learning how to smile, thats not easy to do*.*

Yes i feel the same way
    Every single year since i was a little girl there is a Christmas party at my aunt and uncles house. It is a wonderful time, there are atleast 20 aunts and uncles, and over 25 grandchildren, etc. It is horrible, but the last time I remember throwing up was one time after I came back from that party. So now every year when i go i always get the clammy hands and butterflies...it's a shame because that is such a special tradition for everyone else. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]
    DO IT TREMBLING IF YOU MUST,
    BUT DO IT!! -unknown

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. -dr wayne dyer

I dread the holidays, actually I dread the months from late Oct. to the end of May, to me it is flu season. I worry more of myself getting ill and wrecking the holidays then my kids becoming ill. Dont get me wrong the last thing I need is formy child to become ill holidays or not I dont know I just dont like the season at all.

I am terrified during the holidays also. Two years in a row, I was sick a couple of days after Chirstmas, and from then on, I've alwayshated that time of year, and all the time the weather is cold for that matter.

Kelly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I dread the winter months every year. Starting in October and ending in April. I always used to get a flu shot, knowing darn well that it doesn't prevent the "stomach flu" but I could trick myself into believing it does and it would protect me from getting sick. Since those shots are not available this year, I am totally freaking out. I worry about myself , friends,and entire family. If I even hear someone is sick, I get nervous and shaky and do my best to stay away, but it's still all I can think about. [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]