Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I have had a tough week. I am really down and am not prepared to go through all the things life has thrown at me. *Read 'i cant do this anymore* I'm having problems in school and am only ther for 3 hours a day. I really want to have a teacher to talk to. In year 6 this teacher gave me one of those encoraging pep talks and it did me alot of good. I want to meet her again. I want the same to happen now. My teacher is really nice and seems caring, but how do I approach her? or do i just ket her come to me? I was thinking I could sit outside her room one lesson and say I was too scared to come in or something. Also I have a mass on friday where she might see me outside. ( I never stay in these masses for long) So she might see me then, but that isnt garanteed. Hmmmm what should I do>??? I need to do something

If you like and trust this teacher, approach her and tell her you would like to talk to her - try to arrange a time when neither of you have to rush off anywhere else, then when you meet, calmly explain your worries and fears. I'm sure she will be supportive and be able to help you to get through. I spent 14 years working as a school science technician, and was the 'shoulder' for many students to lean on over the years - it's something ANY adult working in a school should be prepared to do, or if the person you appraoch is not comfortable offering the support herself, she will know who in the school can help you - most schools have a member of staff who is responisble for student welfare.

Remember - it is your right to feel safe and secure at school. If you don't, someone at school should be able to help.

Best wishes

Jill xxx

Izzy, if you need to talk to someone, go and find them.

im sure this teacher would prefer it a lot more if you came to find her/him and asked if you cud just have a chat with her, because ur feeling a bit pressured by all this weight ur carrying!

i did it the other day, i spoke to my head of sixth form, cos basically, i cudnt handle evrything going on, i even tried explaining the phobia to him, and he seemed to understand!! it was really nice to talk to someone who u cud tell, was actually interseted and caring. so i'd urge you to go do that too if u think it would help.

good luck and i hope u feel better soon

Jen xxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanx. I'm going to be brave tomorrow and try to talk to her! I'l tell you how it goes

kewl [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]you made the right decision

hope it goes well xxxxxx ill be thinking of you.

Jen xxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.