Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Eeek!

Hello all, I am a newcomer to the site, and I think it is truly amazing
    to find such a large group of people that share this fear...

A little about myself - I am a 21 year old art school student and I
    live in Boston... I have had this fear as long as I can remember, and
    as I'm sure all of you know it gets SO BAD around wintertime when
    you're crammed into buildings with a bunch of sick people.... I am
    writing because my boyfriend (who I live with) thinks he is getting
    sick (a bunch of our co-workers have had stomach flu)... I'm absolutely
    going out of my mind... how do you deal with this if someone you live
    with is throwing up???? I haven't eaten anything all day and am
    washing my hands every 2 minutes, any advice would be greatly
    appreciated!!!

Wren

I live in Boston! What college to you go to? Anyway, welcome to the site. Um, I have known many people that have had to live with people v*ing, and they wash their hands, disinfect everything, and avoid kissing or hugging him. Basically, keep good hygiene and make sure he does too! good luck!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I wish I could offer some real help, I have the type of emet where I only fear myself vomiting. But just keep yourself clean, wash your hands, take a shower more than once a week like I do and you'll be fine (jk) =) ..just stay positive, your attitude can actually effect your immune system, just have happy toughts.
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

Cleaning and avoiding seems to help me the most. Dishes washed in bleach...door handles bleached, don't share towels or tooth paste. Avoid for at lease 24 after the last symptom

Hi! welcome to the site! I'm from cape cod!! and I'll be 21 in...11 days!!! I've been an emet my whole life. The only advice I can give you is to eat, as much as your afraid you got to eat! Eating helps your immune system stay strong. Believe me I know it's tough, I had a run in with someone who had the stomach bug today and I really don't want to eat, but I'm making myself. Good luck!

Danielle

Take vitamins too, that will boost your immune system. I think I also heard playing video games boosts the immune system, but I think that's something I just tell myself cause I play them so much.
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

My goodness, it seems like we who fear it are the ones who come in contact with it the most! i'm almost 20 and I live in a college dorm, and one of my girlfriends who lives upstairs got a bug this week along witha couple others in the building, I've been freaking! I wash my hands constantly of course, use anti bacterial gel, use the further-most sinks, showers, and bathroom stalls that I think people go to the least. i know how hard it is to eat. Last nite I was panicky but after reading on this site for awhile it helped to calm me down and I was able to eat an apple. (in case anyone wonders where the name 'redapple' comes from, i was eating one when I joined the site. i'm a newcomer as well!)

i agree with confused, it's imperative that you eat for your immune systems. try an apple, some toast, some saltine crackers, stuff like that. you WILL be fine! thinking of you

WELCOME!!! i know how you feel with the whole someone you live with getting sick...i too get extremly anxious when i know somone in the house is getting sick or already did...usually when that happens i avoid coming close to them and when i walk by them or they talk to me i usualy hold my breathe (not sure what that would do but it makes me feel better lol)and if they touch things that i need to handle i will clean it befor using it, without them seeing incase it offends them or somthing, and washmy hands alot...but make sure you eat, thats what keeps you healthy and strong so your body can fight off those nasty viruses!! love ya lots

Sparks X_X

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey, Welcome

I used to live in Boston. 'Tis a nice place. Anyways, I can relate to all your panic, and I'd suggest... Hmm. Well, whenever I feel particularly "contaminated" I take a shower, and seem to feel a bit better, but still panicking.
    -Anna

people have basically said all thats needed already... so i'll just say ..

WELCOME to our family

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Whew* I think it was a false alarm... (Not being an emet, my bf *gasp*
    doesn't MIND throwing up which I guess is why he does it more than me!)

So cool to hear of other Boston-ers on the site! (I am a painting major
    at Mass College of art.) Boston is probably one of the WORST city for
    people with this kind of fear because of all the drunk college kids...
    I remember many memorable walks to work on saturday mornings pretty
    much avoiding half the sidewalk... I actually work at a coffee shop
    next to a bar, and there have been several occasions where we actually
    had to hose off the garbage cans we leave out front at night. *shudder*

So nice to meet you all!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I live about 2 hours from Boston, I live in Rhode Island. Funny, but the last time I v****** was when I went to Boston last. We stayed in a really nice hotel, and we all went out drinking that night at some club in an alley, I was scared. Well, I sort of drank too much and well, yeah I did it all over the bathroom floor. I hardly ever make it to the bathroom because I hold it in for so long until I know that I cannot hold it in any longer. It was the worst. I haven't drank alcohol since that night, and it was 2 years ago.
    <font color=MAGENTA>-Rachel</font>