Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default How do you know when you have a sv?

What symptoms do you feel relating to the nausea and the rest of your body. Does it feel like a cold sometimes?

Default Re: How do you know when you have a sv?

No, SV is nothing like a cold. Maybe a light fever... but no sore throat or stuffy nose.

You'll probably be tired, have funny feelings in your stomach and not be hungry if you're starting to get SV. If you have any cold symptoms, you're safe.

****very very graphic****

Well from what i remember, i woke up feeling "off" but nothing i could put my finger on to start with, then i got random stabby stomach pains, then i started feeling n* to the stage where i couldn't even think about food, i'd gone into the front room and put the telly on and food adverts were making me feel really bad, I also didn't want want to move a muscle i just had to lie absolutely still like a statue, i couldn't even sip water even though i was thirsty, then, and i think this is when i pretty much knew something awful was up, was when i got uncontrollable pure water red hot foul smelling d*, honestly it didn't come out all spluttery like normal d* it was a constant stream just like weeing, the smell alone made me want to v* it was like nothing i had ever experienced before then within a couple of hours the v* started, So i think for me the 3 defining things were a) a severe aversion to the thought of food b) not wanting to move c) the gross pure water d* - if i ever get one or more of these symptoms again i would take an anti-emetic at the earliest opportunity.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

that was graphic but necessary. Thanks for the responses so far.

It's all very well what Pauline is saying but remember that's just her experience, you may find it differend - for instance I get the first two (aversion to food and not wanting to move) when I have a panic attack.
    "Here in the final draft, I've given all I have,
    Strange how the heart expands in the absence of a plan,
    There's nothing left on the page but I'm okay with that,
    I found my resolution was designed for stronger hands"

My sons have/had it recently, and their first symptom was a stomach ache, then the v* started. It's different for everyone I'm sure, but that was their first sign.

There aren't usually any cold symptoms. You may get a fever and some body aches though. Last time I got a sv* I was so n* I didn't want to move a muscle and I got pretty severe d* like Pauline's. I also had these burps that made me gag for some reason.

If you have a sv* you usually know it for what it is.
    Crayon

I find that sv* comes on quite quickly. One minute you feel fine and the next you feel awful. You cannot eat or even think about food. I have also had it with and without d*.