Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Watched v* videos on youtube.

I already know I'm a mild emetophobic, but I decided to test myself to see how anxious I really was about v*
    Well, I probably watched 20 different videos of people v* and although I did kind of feel grossed out, I didn't panic or get n* from it. I even laughed at a couple.

I've been rationalizing this fear a lot lately and I think I'm starting to beat it, I think all that is left is some anxiety. What do you guys think?

Default Re: Watched v* videos on youtube.

i dont really have issues with seeing v on tv or movies......or even my drunk friends getting sick......its gross but i dont panic.......but the words sv will send me over the edge......people getting sick from something i cant catch doesnt worry me too much......
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh no, I can't watch those videos. I'll be tempted to, but I can't. I have an easier time looking at still photos.

That's great that you were able to do that. I haven't gotten up the guts yet (so to speak). We have the Hangover here waiting to watch it, but I haven't been able to do it yet. I do have to ask though, why do people post videos of themselves v* on youtube?
    Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear. ~Ambrose Redmoon

Ive found watching things like Jackass Milk trick and Egg trick or whatever they call it (its gross anyway) and things like hostpital programes actually helped a little bit, at one point I couldnt even look at the TV, so I used to dare myself to watch, then listen, then both lol

I did watch a video on YouTube today. Knowing there was no way I could catch it helped a lot, but I turned the sound off. I picked a "funny" (oh, really?!) video where the scary part was very short and I knew that the person would behave like it was not a big deal. I watched it again and again (maybe 10 times) and tried to relax and I was kind of OK with it. Then I decided to try with sound - just a little - and the sound turned out to not be the kind of sound that I find so scary, so I turned it up louder and was OK with that too. This was the first time ever that I voluntarily watched something like that and I guess it's a good start, but I really don't feel like watching another video for a while. I've tried to watch Jackass The Movie once and maybe I'll do that again when I'm ready.