Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi. Well as you can guess from the title, its my bday and im not feeling great! I woke up this morning with the most dreadful throat and stuffed up nose EVER! Seriously, I can't talk at the moment because its soooooooooooooooo painful. Im worried that if i cough REALY HARD to clear my throat i might get sick. Although, i got a lot of presents. OH YEAH - Question: Is there any really good cough medicine? - ive tried everything and its doesnt work!
    ISAIAH 41:10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

aw chris - its awful that you're ill on your bday. I doubt that clearing your throat and coughing will make you sick - emets rarely will v* rfom something like that so I'm sure that you will be fine.

I always find that 'nirolex' is good for throats and colds. But aslong as u keep takig ur medicene you should be feeling better very soon.

I hope u have a good bday, despite ur cold

get well soon!

i'm sorry to hear u are not well,its alwasy the way,when u want to be ok,u get ill! i hope u feel better soon...As for taking medicine,i'm not to sure but i have seen that advert,that promotes if u have a throat infection or cough u don't need to go to the doctors.........have u seen it......I think its benilyn.......u c everyone waiting in the docs surgery and over the tannoyed they say fast effective cough medicine will help to clear any cough,and everyone gets up coughing and leaves,and theres only one lady left sitting there with a neck collar on..............sorry i'm waffling now,not making any sense,the best thing to do is speak to the chemist becasue every medicine is different for different coughs..........anyway happy birthday for today,its mine next sunday lets hope i don't get ill lol!

take care vicky xxx

I don't know if they have it there, but everyone swears by Buckley's, tastes nasty but it works!

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!

Hope you manage to make it thru your day ok!

Sonia

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y yoou!

im sorry its plagued by illness... still hope u havea relatively good day.

and no i know of no cough medecine, refuse to tke them, ne of them.

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

i hope you have a GREAT birthday even though you arnt feeling so hot...im feelin the same way with the nose and throat but i dontdo medication so sorry i dont know any good cough meds lol i hope get better soon!!! and im sure you arnt ganna get sick from coughing....(though it did happen once to me but im am POSITIVE you will be fine) love ya lots!!!

Sparks X_X

Happy Birthday! awwthat's not fair. =(But I doubt you will get sick from clearing your throat though. Sorry i dont know any medicines to help ehehe..i dont reallytake medicine when i have a cold ^-^ unless my mom holds me down or something...lol she hasnt done that since i was little..Anyway Maybe you can eat coughdrops? ehehe..Feel better...!
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Happy Birthday anyways!

xoxo

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

I GOT A NEW GUITAR!
    ISAIAH 41:10

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

Awesome!! What kind??
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n" width="100%">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]hey chris - happy b'day- its my little jess' bday too!!! sorry to hear about you cough and cold- believe me- i know,...... i have had chronic pneumonia since november- every time it clears- it goes and reappears again- TRUST ME- you will not be sick from coughing- i know it feels like it- but only babies under 12 months do that- we have a special little valve- (i reckon the great ones in the sky put it there for us emets!!!) it stops that re-action- i havent been ill AT all!!!DESPITE THE COUGH AND EVEN THE FEVER - the whole time i've had this- cough mixtures are o.k- i am not sure what type of cough you have- is it bronchial- tickly- dry- chesty- there is a good one i take called irish moss- its a natural remedy with NO SIDE EFFECTS!!!!! also- the old trick of hot water, honey and lemon soothes the throat - also its good for aiding digestive disorders as is another remedy i use to stop the pain - its a numbing anti-sceptic that u use for sore throats - i am sure u hurt with all the coughing- if u can do it- u gargle for a few secs and spit it out- i was scared at 1st but it was great - it kills any bacteria in the throat and mouth helping to ease the illness and numbs the pain too- again it caused no bad reaction and believe me- i am not easily fooled by meds!!!! due to my illness' over the years i am so up to date on all this medical stuff i am thinking of studying medicine!!!!!too squeemish though!!!!!!the only thing i am concerned of , is that if - like me- you avoid docs etc and meds , it could progress to a point where it gets real bad in your chest like mine- the option for me was to find a good anti-biotic which didnt cause nausea- the best one for me was amoxycillin- and rulide- neither caused me any upset even though i thought they would- i also got given motillium domperidone an excellent anti- emetic they give to stop nausea in patients whilst i eas on the course- i take it routinely daily anyway but i upped the dose to 2 or 3 whilst taking my meds- i must say it was the best choice after all as the illness made me more ill than the meds did- for a change!!!! i hate the fever bit and the coughing bit so i do empathise with u- if u can handle it - i dont know your tory or if u r able to eat but garlic is an amazing natural anti biotic and is also often used for digestive complaints as it kills bacteria in its tracks- if those around u can deal with the smell - adding that may also help- it comes raw or in tablets- hope some of this may have been of assistance- remember , hang in there- rest up- i've had a year of it and i've not been 'ill' at all - i truly believe you will get through this!!!! again - happy bday!!!!!!!!lisa- new to the forum - known as intuitive 1 or 'the one with the bloody long mails!!!!!!'[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]</TD></TR>
    <TR UNABLE="&#111;n" hb_tag="1">
    <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>