Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Little Graphic.

I knew this was going to happen eventually. I am a substitute teacher and have been working in the classroom for 2 years. Yesterday in my 2nd grade class a girl threw up. Amazingly she was completely silent during the process. I didn't even know it had happened. I was going over some math problems with a small group of kids and a girl alerted to me the fact that another girl had thrown up on her desk.

I was pretty calm. I think the fact that no one else panicked and that she didn't make a sound helped. I quickly sent her to nurse and called a custodian to clean up. I didn't touch anything and the custodian comes and asked me why I just left it there. I didn't answer. Did she actually expect me to clean it myself?! No way. She is lucky I wasn't crying and shaking when she got there!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <font color=Blue>Carly --Check out my site---
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    you are on MySpace let me know and I will add you as my friend</font>

Good for you! you seemed to handle it really well! yay! the soundless thing happened to me too once, a random kid started doing it and no one noticed untill his friend pointed it out.

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]Handled like a pro

No offense to the cleaning lady, but your job is to teach, her job is to clean, that's what they pay her to do, she had no right in asking you why you left it there.
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

Yep, good job! You did better than I did! I have been teaching for close to 10 years and every time it happens, I RUN! In fact, I warn the kids that I will do that, so I tell them to go to the bathroom if they think it might happen.

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I remember my 4th grade teacher going over the rules with us at the beginning of the year and telling us that the only time we don't have to ask permission to go to the bathroom is if we are going to be sick. In fact she told us to run out of the class as soon as we think we might be sick. Maybe she was an emet too.

I have only been in one other situation like this and I was student teaching so there was another teacher in the classroom. I plugged my ears, closed my eyes, and headed for the door. I felt like such a freak!

Quote Originally Posted by luckistar2

I have only been in one other situation like this and I was student teaching so there was another teacher in the classroom. I plugged my ears, closed my eyes, and headed for the door. I felt like such a freak!

Don't say you feel like a freak, sometimes even people without emet will do things like that. Now if you had 20 eyes and 15 noses, well than that's another story.....
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

Congrats for handling it well. It seems like you did.

Um... I have had experiences like this....

1. In 4th grade, a girl in my class vomited AT LUNCH near me when I was eating. Needless to say, I didn't have an appitite after that.

2. In 4th grade, a boy in the same class vomited outside of the cafeteria before lunch. Of course, I didn't have much of an appitite after that.

3. Again, in 4th grade, the same boy vomited on his desk and social studies book.

4. A boy in 5th grade had to run outside and do "it".

5. In 6th grade, I did not actually see it happen, but there was a puddle of it and I saw it during passing period.

I am in 7th grade now, and nothing has happened yet like that (except, where I heard about a boy in the same algebra class vomiting at lunch). In Language Arts, the teacher went over rules and procedures, and he said, whatever you do, get out. Go to the nurse's restroom or a restroom. Also, something kind of gross... He said if he ever had to do it, he'd hopefully do it out the window and continue with class. I hope he was kidding. Nobody, teachers included, should come to school nauseated or vomiting. But, the teacher mentioned someone SUDDENLY being sick. I know it is possible, but don't most people have a warning before they do it?

Lizzy

Yes, I too think you handled things well!!!! As far as the custodian is concerned, isnt that what he/she gets paid for ........... to CLEAN UP. Vomit included. I remember one time when I was in 11th grade, one of my classmates got sick, in the classroom no less ........... totally gross. The custodian came and cleaned that up. I have a friend that is a kindergarten teacher and she calls that custodian when a child vomits in her classroom. She says that it is not her job to have to clean that up!!And you certainly shouldnt have to!!

You did well! I remember when i was in the first grade, this girl sat next to me threw up under the desk...I am so thankful my feet were up..ehehe.. The teacher called the custodian and he was like "This is my favorite part of the job!" x_x and the teacher ran out of the classroom ehehe..
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

u left it there because u had called for someone else to do it!!! what on earth did he ask tht for =|

anyway, welldone for not panicking thru that... msut have been quite a shock even tho u cudnt hear it e.t.c.

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

There was only one time when some v* in a classroom where I was a student. It was in Kindergarten. Isn't it funny how vivid these memories can be? I was in kindergarten twenty years ago but I can still see the boy and remember his name, Luke Dellenbach.

So one time in the classroom as a student and two times in a classroom a teacher. I am starting think I am be in for some trouble in this profession...[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

I am almost 25 and I still remember every kid who ever threw up in class:

1st grade: Samantha Allshouse, Katherine Roberts, and Rajni Singh

3rd grade: Nick Racick

4th grade: Courtney Ray

7th grade: Charlie Elsey

I still remember the exact way it happened and everything. It's so weird how I can vividly remember everything after all these years. I even recall all the kids from other classes who told me about kids who had thrown up in their classes too. How pitiful is that? So you're not the only emet who remembers every single v* episode from childhood.

me too

Kindergarten-teala
    4th-kellen
    5th-marita
    schoolbuswhich was the WORST)
    chadd,brenna, sean, brittnie, haley
    DO IT TREMBLING IF YOU MUST,
    BUT DO IT!! -unknown

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. -dr wayne dyer

I was chatting on here earlier tonight and we were discussing the same thing. How we remembered all the incidents of someone doing "it" in the classroom. I dont think I can remember all the names, but I remember the grades. I can also remember my friends talking about someone doing "it" in their classroom.

Hum, lets see ..........

Third grade, dont remember the boys name though
    Fifth grade, Bonnie
    Sixth grade, Meredith
    Eleventh grade, dont remember this boys name either

I even remember my friends talking about a change reaction vomit in her classroom ........ how utterly gross!!!! One person did it and then everyone on the row got sick!!!! I would have wigged out, and that was in third grade.

Oh I could list each and every time too, and it was 25 years ago! I have always thought that was weird, I can't remember what I wore to work last week but I can remember who threw up 25 years ago.

Now the chain reaction thing is nasty.... but I can see why it happens, oh the horror.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I forgot about the bus. 8th grade, Eddie. I remember there was one kid who cleaned it up. I had an instant crush on this kid for the rest of the year because I thought he was the bravest person in the world.