Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Just Found Out what Emetophobia is

Hello. I have had a fear of throwing up/seeing someone throw up since I was 5 years old. I always thought it was because when I was three my little brother threw up all over me in our car, like head to toe - YUCK! I assumed because of that tramatic experience it caused my fear and maybe that is how it begun, but it has controlled my life ever since. Today as I was thinking about my fear of throwing up ( as I often do), I decided to Google it. I saw it was called 'Emetophobia' and as there is no cure there are ways to overcome it, I became overjoyed! My whole life I have thought I was crazy but no, there is help! Anyways, I saw this website and thought I'd join to help me along the way. I can't wait to meet other people with his phobia as I thought I was the only one, lol.

Also, has anyone done the' Emetophobia Eraser Program'? It sounds like it could work but it's quite a bit of money

Default Re: Just Found Out what Emetophobia is

Glad you found the forum!

The EE Program is undergoing an overhaul so it may be better to hold off a few weeks or so, although I know all clients who have purchased it in the past will get the new version for free, so I suppose there's nothing to lose either way. The new version will be quite a bit different and more expansive.

Rich

i haven't tried the ee thing.....but i will tell you that just being able to come to this site and read others posts that are so close to mine and being able to vent or ask for help has done wonders for my anxiety level! i've only been coming in here for maybe a month and i feel sooooo much better....

so, welcome and keep reading and posting
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yes you are certainly not alone Kelly, do you think it helps that we have a name for our phobia, I think it does, its difficult for others to understand though. I think you will get a lot ofl help and info on this site as I have. Good luck

I am new to this site as well Kelly, and like you, I have known for years that something wasn't right, but didn't know that there was a name for it. I also want to try the Emet Eraser program, but didn't know if it is a scam? Has anyone tried it?

No, it's not a scam, see my reply 3 posts ago.

Rich

Rich-

Have you known anyone that has personally done it and had good results? I am willing to try anything at this point. I just want to get on the road to feeling better and it's not happening!

Yes, quite a few, but the new version will be even better.