Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default my boyfriend might have the stomach flu

Hi, Im Hannah. I just joined about 10 minutes ago.

My boyfriend left for Portland, Oregon Saturday morning. I last saw him Friday night around 11pm. He started having bad d* and v* saturday in the late afternoon. He first thought it was food poisoning. But this morning he texted me saying his parents thought it was a stomach flu because he has a fever. He said he's feeling better(ish) now. Im worried it could be the stomach flu and I could be infected with it since it can be contagious before you show symptoms. Im being careful to eat things that wont be disgusting if they have to come back up. Im really afraid of being n* or v* and espeially v* alone. Im 17 and Ive had this fear since i was maybe 10 or 11.

Default Re: my boyfriend might have the stomach flu

Hey hon ... I hope your bf is feeling better. The chances of your catching it are real slim ... I've never gotten an sv* from someone NOT having symptoms - I'd get it afterward by not being uber-sanitary

Thanks I think Ive cleared the incubation period for it so I think I am going to be fine. Phew! Now I just need to stay away from him for a few days so i dont catch it!

Just curious: how long did you stay away? I'm going through the same thing now and have been made nervous from all the "3 days to 2 weeks" things I've read!